Job descriptionFreelance Concept Designer
Our client is an American lifestyle, clothing, and accessories retailer specializing in mens and womens jeans, polo and swimwear.
This temporary role will conduct market research and coordinate with Design and Merchandising teams to seasonally identify key items, trends and concepts to help evolve and innovate products for the brand.
Concept Designer Responsibilities:
- Manage and compile seasonal conceptual kick off decks for design, merchandising and marketing teams; covering print, color, outfitting, key items and innovations to move product on.
- Lead the research to identify key social media influencers in order to recognize consumer trends and support the brand vision.
- Own photo research at target customer venues, (malls, campuses, concert events) compile trend deck and present all findings to design and merchant teams.
- Locally travel and shop the market identifying new trends for the Aerie brand.
- Manage and own research to compile runway, trade show and trend reports. Present findings to cross-functional teams.
- Participate in concept meetings with senior design staff.
- Attend all milestone meetings, line reviews, pre-season floor sets and financial overviews, providing perspective and insight to creative leadership on product assortments.
- Work closely with designers on translating concept.
- Develop strong cross-functional partnerships throughout the organization.
- Be a visionary and think outside the box in order to help innovate product, capture consumer trends and inspire marketing’s vision.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Able to work in a hybrid environment, meaning that some work may be performed remotely but certain essential functions must be performed in-person/in-office based on the needs of the business.
- In person/in-office collaboration is required, the frequency of such in-person/in-office collaboration (e.g., portion of week, entire week) is dictated by business needs. Such collaboration includes work centralized around product development, milestone meetings, approvals, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion or Art (or equivalent experience and education).
- 3+ years related experience in Fashion or Concept design
- Must have experience in Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Strong skillset and POV in outfitting and key items
- Ability to act as liaison between many departments; excellent communication and analytic skills.
- Must be detail oriented, extremely organized, and have the ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Keen eye for color, trend, detail and construction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working in an hybrid environment - working in office often but also remote work from home