Job descriptionFreelance Handbag Designer
Our client has created an experience-driven travel & lifestyle accessories brand that makes organizing anything but boring.
As the Designer, you will support the Design Director with all product design from start to finish including new artwork and hardware development.
• Concept, and Design product from start to finish including new artwork and hardware development.
• Create prints, graphics, and embellishment layouts for handbags, accessories and patches
• Partner with our Founders and Design team to develop and refine seasonal concepts, materials, hardware, and color palette for handbag/accessories collections.
• Responsible for timeline adherence; ensure handoff to Product Development occurs on time; ensure all prototypes are available for product presentation and finalization.
• Responsible for upholding design integrity, high quality execution, and timeliness throughout the entire development process from concept through completion
• Study markets, shop retail, and interact with consumer to establish trends.
• Other duties may be assigned
• Must be flexible with the ability to self-manage and handle multiple priorities at once
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience designing handbags and/or small accessories • Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related field preferred
• Ability to sketch both technical drawings and freeform renderings
• Understanding of materials, hardware, leather, and handbag construction required
• Strong working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Nylon experience is a plus.
•Experience with collaboration and patterns
•Must be fully vaccinated and able to work on site in Manhattan