Our client is a fine jewelry brand seeking a motivated and talented product development/production freelancer to work on a project basis. This person will be instrumental in ensuring the designs are delivered in a timely fashion and within costs while maintaining quality and brand aesthetic. This person will also be helping with production of the jewelry.
Product Development Responsibilities:
• Interpret design direction from Creative Director to manage the development of all new products and work with factories/jewelers to execute direction into design
• Oversee all aspects of product development from ideation and design through to approval of finished samples
• Work with production team/factories to ensure ease of manufacturing
• Review and correct products for technical accuracy from first prototype to end
• Complete projects as per product development guidelines and on time • Work with CAD designer to create spec sheets and technical drawing and specs
• Manage all jewelry production
• Work with production teams in factories to ensure ease of manufacturing and production timelines and desired margins are met.
• Input and maintain all inventory in Quickbooks
• Perform quality control on all items received from factories or returned from retailers
• Track and maintain inventory of all production parts and materials
• Handle all repairs
• Manage all Accounts Receivables for all products in QuickBooks
• Create and maintain files per SKU
• 10+ Years of experience in the jewelry industry
• Strong technical understanding of jewelry design and construction • Ability to work with CAD team and communicate design vision
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Skilled in working with Quickbooks and Excel is a must
• Experience working with European factories is preferred
• Knowledge of jewelry production and sourcing.
• Entrepreneurial and self-starter
• Excellent time management skills and ability to manage expectations
• Demonstrate creativity with a strong attention to detail