Freelance Senior Merchandise Manager, Footwear
Our client is a popular fashion brand creating the latest must-have apparel and accessories for men and women.
Senior Merchandise Manager Overview:
The Senior Manager for Footwear is a critical leadership role for the Footwear Merchandising team. This individual will be responsible for partnering with Sr. Director for Footwear to architect a brand-right product assortment in order to position Footwear for growth. He/she will work closely with the Sales, Design and Production teams to ensure customer preferences are considered while balancing the overall brand guidelines and aesthetic with the desired financial objectives.
Senior Merchandise Manager Responsibilities:
• Develop seasonal line plans and assortment strategies to drive the Women’s Full-Price Footwear business; including range plan and mix, and price architecture for all global wholesale and retail channels.
• Review selling and market bookings results to inform line plan strategies and identify opportunities for growth.
• Partner with global market teams to confirm assortment covers their business needs in terms of both product categories and pricing architecture.
• Work with Production and Costing teams to ensure internal margin goals are achieved based on assortment pricing structure.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams in RTW and Accessories to make sure there is cross-category alignment on key seasonal initiatives and concepts.
• Work with and influence Design team to ensure seasonal assortment supports and executes both brand direction and the channel assortment strategies.
• Conduct market and competitor research to identify and analyze movements and opportunities within the competitive landscape.
• Prepare assortments for seasonal markets including showroom set-up, creating market assortment tools and strategy decks.
• Present assortment and seasonal strategies to senior executives and global market teams.
• Establish best-practice merchandise processes as necessary.
Senior Merchandise Manager Qualifications:
• Minimum 10 years of experience in Merchandising and/or Buying.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills: ability to communicate with high level executives.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skill levels.
All applicants must be able to work on-site 5 days a week and show proof of vaccine