Outdoor Sporting Goods retail and e-commerce company is looking for a Category Merchandising/Buying Manager to join their team in Colorado!!
- This Category Merchandising Manager will own the vision, strategy and business results for new product categories, being responsible for developing annual and mid-term seasonal strategies, guiding go-to-market plans, and coordinating cross-functional execution within the organization.
- The Category Merchandising Manager should be well-versed in all aspects of performance including budgeting, merchandise financial plan, goals, key reports & analysis, and acceleration or gap closing plans.
- This Category Merchandising Manager will also have ownership over the buying process including range selection, vendor relationships, etc. while partnering closely with Visual Merchandising and Marketing.
- BA degree with no less than 5+ years experience in retail buying, new vendor introduction, product management
- Proven experience leading a team of buyers
- Strong negotiation skills and relationship management experience
- Truly understand how to partner and work with cross-functional teams with a reputation for influencing others and earning trust across various levels and organizations
- Know how to take initiatives from conceptualization through completion of large-scale projects
- Self-starter and resourceful work ethic, great integrity
- Commitment to customer service
- Passionate about outdoor sports and activities, both winter and summer
- Comfortable owning processes/deliverables and managing conflicting priorities
- Understand how to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and comfortable with ambiguity during times of transition
- Willing and able to juggle multiple responsibilities, not someone who relies on a long list of tools/resources in order to complete the job or who is accustomed to delegating work to other teams/departments in a large corporation