This is a full time opportunity.
Location or Remote: Austin, TX
Client Overview: Our client is a Las Vegas based video game publisher.
Position Overview: The Analytics Engineer is responsible for supplying analysis and direction to fellow team members in order to improve key performance indicators for social and mobile applications, and is responsible for weekly deliverables, which is an opportunity to present analysis on test results and recommended areas of focus to management.
- Produce actionable insights from large data sources in order to impact key metrics such as revenue, engagement, and retention
- Develop interactive dashboards and reporting using tools such as Excel, Visual Basic, Tableau, Dash, and Plotly
- Understanding player behavior and appropriate segmentation
- Understand and solve complex business problems using tools like Excel, R, and Python
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning discussions
- Collaborate with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete business solutions
- Developing automated tools that reduce time and effort across all analytics functions
- Ownership of A/B testing design, performance tracking, and communication of test performance in determining the future of product success
- Knowledge sharing of best practices and supporting an open and communicative team environment
- Identify Data solutions and work alongside Game Development teams, QA, Art, Marketing, and Customer Service teams to determine technical feasibility and level-of-effort to implement
- Identify new tools/improved processes to aid the Analytics team for each game in delivering data more efficiently
- Communicate infrastructure changes to affected teams and ensure successful adaptation of those changes
- Identify areas of opportunity, build new KPI’s from analysis, and brainstorm creative solutions with the team
- Investigating any anomalies in daily KPI metric reporting
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics or related PLUS two (2) years of relevant work experience.
- 2+ years of professional experience in analytics, statistics or engineering
- Understanding of relational databases, AWS products preferable
- Other statistical analysis tools a plus (e.g. Minitab, SAS, R, etc.)
- General understanding of programming concepts and methodology a plus
- Clear and effective communication of complex ideas and analysis
- Self-motivated and accountable as to work with little to no direction
- Agile/Scrum software development experience is a plus
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Microsoft Office, especially Excel, VBA, and PowerPoint