My client is looking for a 1-2 year Assistant Designer to work on their GIRLS Team
Job Summary: The Assistant Designer is responsible for providing support the Designer/Design teams in the ongoing development of the line of designated brand right products.
Essential Functions (Including but not limited to):
• Assist Designer/Design team in the conception and execution of designated line.
• Creating technical packages, creating art files and sizing art and modify and update information as necessary throughout development cycle.
• Communicate with cross-functional teams & overseas offices to assist in workload and deliverables.
• Organize, update and maintain Design sketch boards, line sheets, print boards, fabric boards, research boards, and garment samples for use and reference at all times
• Adhere to seasonal time and action calendar to meet all deliverables.
• Perform any other duties as assigned in support of the company needs and operations.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s degree in Fashion or related area and 0-2 years of experience in Design.
• Solid understanding of customer preferences on fashion and style trends.
• Strong design skills, color sense, and fabric knowledge
• Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite, database systems and internet and ability to learn how to design through new/advanced technology.
• Good written and verbal skills and strong attention to detail
. • Ability to be a team player in a fast-paced environment and apply good work habits to effectively complete assigned tasks and contribute to the smooth operation of the company/department.