Our global footwear and apparel client is hiring a Global Communication Manager on a 12 month contract that is likely to extend and could lead to fulltime opportunities. This role is remote for now but may go onsite once it's safe. This position is eligible for benefits and sick time. We are looking for a Global Communications team Manager that can embody this spirit to drive consumer-focused communications.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
If this is you, you’ll be working with a highly motivated team across Communications and other business functions, at the Global level, in partnership with Geography teams (Western Europe, Asia and Global Partner Markets) to align on and drive annual and seasonal planning and execution. This means you will foster authentic connections with external audiences to advance the narrative through clear, consistent, breakthrough brand and product storytelling.
As the Global Communications Manager, you will evaluate business and brand priorities and participate in the development of plans, strategies, messaging and communications tools. Your efforts will support related media outreach and storytelling and help guide the Geography teams. Equally, you will develop press materials, FAQs, etc. with an understanding of the Geography teams’ needs and challenges. These efforts will be developed, ultimately to reach lifestyle, basketball and skateboarding related audiences.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will directly report to the Global Consumer Communications Director as a part of a Global Communications Team.
WHAT YOU BRING
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, business or related field.
- A minimum 5 years of strong media relations, corporate communications or brand marketing experience.
- A fundamental interest in culture and an understanding of consumer, fashion and lifestyle, sports media and influencers.
- Experience with a fashion, sneaker or sports brand and a point of view on the industry, key players and a perspective on where it’s headed, especially digitally.
- Curiosity and ability to think creatively while delivering strategically.
- A self-starter who instinctively and consistently creates personal and professional stretch goals and meets them.
- Works well with others with the ability to build trust with the team and work effectively in a highly collaborative environment.
- Skills in planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change while maintaining a sense of humor.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Good knowledge of Keynote, PowerPoint, Excel