Our client is an award-winning cosmetics and skincare brand.
Global Marketing Director Responsibilities:
The Global Marketing Director is responsible for creating and implementing all Global Marketing initiatives for new launches and ongoing business on a 3-year calendar basis. This position helps support and drive brand strategy with the Executive Director of Global Marketing to create long term brand equity, maximize growth potential and drive long term brand profitability.
They create new innovative products, methods, and modes of communication in the quickly evolving makeup market. The position is responsible for articulating product positioning, developing concept, channel strategy, launch tools and 360 activation programs leveraging innovation and creativity. In this role the Global Marketing Director also owns the briefing of all assets development across all areas of deployment.
This position is responsible for driving and overseeing cross-functional collaboration in the development and implementation of cohesive global strategies and obtains alignment to ensure consistency of message across all consumer touch points and best in class launch execution.
- Work on strategy of the brand and its statement in role related product categories in the ever-changing environment today.
- Develop the 3-5 year strategy of the brand
- Analyze the brand's business with the support of the Executive Director and identify growth possibilities as well as the leadership situations to support
- Lead the product innovation strategic discussion and drive ideation with the support of Product development
- Manage reformulation, repackaging, and reworks to be phased in
- Drive SKU discontinuation process twice per year and update SKU lineup file on ongoing basis
- Continually submit new product ideas that are innovative - bold, audacious, modern & iconic
- Include Artistry considerations in the development of products, positioning, positioning, identification of differentiation and added value.
- Put emphasis on speed to market
- Think digitally first in their execution of any project
- Spearhead and manage projects in collaboration with the Executive Director, Global Marketing
- Lead new product development process partnering with all cross- functional teams
- Develop positioning and concept. Identify competitor best practices
- Prepare launch strategy decks detailing all the aspects of the launch
- Develop a channel strategy in partnership with US operational Marketing
- Analyze and manage product COGs to ensure favorable profitability to the brand
- Align on pricing in partnership with operational marketing team
- Align on financial target for each launch in partnership with market
- Develop sampling strategy in partnership with operational marketing
- Support Executive Director in Global forecast analysis
- Prepare forecasting decks to guide markets at time of forecast – issue forecast guidelines
- Review global forecasts in partnership with Operational Marketing and Operational teams
- Support Executive Director in elaboration of briefs (product development, packaging, creative, visual merchandising, assets development across all areas of deployment)
- Support Executive Director in creation and sending of key documents (Launch strategy decks, Forecasting decks, Launch reports, Global Memos…)
- Create full 360 programs for each launch and drives conversations and collection of deliverables from all relevant cross-functional areas (Artistry, Communications, Creative, Digital, Social, Visual Merchandising). define best in class launch and activation strategies and tools that best express the concept
- Ensure consistent message across all internal documents (bulletins, marketing decks, retailer’s presentations…)
- Ensure high standard of execution and consistency of message across all consumer facing material (copy & visual – name - leaflet – press file – films – face charts …) and across internal documents (bulletin, education material, marketing decks…)
- External Communication
- Create and update dynamic presentation decks for Retailer and Internal Market Meetings and Global Conferences
- Oversee the availability of material for photography
- Present at retailers’ meetings and market conferences when needed
- Coordinate with Product Development, Creative and Packaging to organize preparation and delivery of all presentation materials
- Manage and control Global Marketing budget.
- Detailed tracking and management of budget for market research, early needs, competitive product, and etc.
- Is resourceful with the funds provided to maximize each program
- 6-8+ years of work experience in beauty global marketing
- Passionate about the beauty industry
- Strong global business background
- Must have a proven track record in successfully launching new products and creating innovative marketing support programs. Expertise in core marketing.
- Passionate, creative thinker with the ability to generate on brand ideas, be a key contributor to new product idea, deep sensitivity to makeup, and familiar with designer/creator led brands.
- Proactive and anticipatory work ethic
- Strong sense of the digital and social media landscape
- An energetic team oriented individual with interpersonal skills with strong leadership ability and experience working with people from departments. Must be dynamic, flexible with a positive attitude and a sense of team spirit
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking skills, ability to structure presentations
- Strong project management skills, structured, sense of respect of timeline
- Attention to details, ability to work independently, reliable
- A strong sense of urgency, ability to manage details and projects while responding to changing priorities and feedback in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess strong organization, prioritization with a proven ability to multi-task and manage complexity.
- Leadership qualities to motivate and drive peer teams and their direct reports
- Strong oral, written, communication and presentation skills.
- Must have strong presentation skills
- Must have sophisticated visual PowerPoint presentation aesthetics
- Software expertise – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.