Our client is an award-winning cosmetics and skincare brand.
Global Marketing Executive Director Responsibilities:
The Executive Director, Global Marketing is responsible for creating and implementing all Global Marketing initiatives for new launches and ongoing business on a 3-year calendar basis. This position helps support and drive brand strategy with the Vice President of Global Marketing to create long term brand equity, maximize growth potential and drive long term brand profitability.
They create new innovative products, methods, and modes of communication in the quickly evolving makeup market. The position is responsible for articulating product positioning, developing concept, channel strategy, launch tools and 360 activation programs leveraging innovation and creativity. In this role the Global Marketing Executive Director also owns the briefing of all asset development across all areas of deployment.
This position is responsible for driving and overseeing cross-functional collaboration in the development and implementation of cohesive global strategies and obtains alignment to ensure consistency of message across all consumer touch points and best in class launch execution
- Leads strategy of the brand and its statement in role related product categories in the ever-changing environment today.
- Drives the development of the 3-5 year strategy of the brand
- Analyze the brand's business with the support of the US and International markets and identify growth possibilities as well as the leadership situations to support
- Leads the product innovation strategic discussion and drives ideation with the support of Product development and all related cross-functional operational teams.
- Manages reformulation, repackaging, and reworks to be phased in
- Drives strategy related to the SKU discontinuation process twice per year and updates the SKU lineup file on an ongoing basis
- Continually challenges the innovation calendar balancing longer term strategy for key franchises with seizing more tactical opportunities based on the ever changing competitive landscape and its impact and implications for the brand.
- Submits new product ideas that are innovative - bold, audacious, modern & iconic
- Enrolls the in-house Artistry expertise for consideration in the development of products, positioning, positioning, identification of differentiation and added value.; or for development of materials related to retailer presentations or assets development
- Puts emphasis on speed to market
- Thinks digitally first in their execution of any project
- New and Pillar Product Launch Process
- Spearheads and leads projects execution in collaboration with the Vice-President, Global Marketing
- Leads new product development process partnering with all cross- functional teams
- Develops positioning and concept. Identifies competitor best practices
- Leads preparation of launch strategy decks detailing all the aspects of the launch
- Develops a channel strategy in partnership with US operational Marketing
- Analyzes and manages product COGs to ensure favorable profitability to the brand
- Aligns on pricing in partnership with operational marketing team
- Aligns on financial target for each launch in partnership with market
- Leads sampling strategy in partnership with operational marketing
- Supports Vice-President in Global forecast analysis (samples vs. saleable...) and provides recommendations
- Prepares forecasting decks to guide markets at time of forecast – issues forecast guidelines
- Reviews global forecasts (saleable / samples) in partnership with Operational Marketing and Operational teams
- Supports Vice-President in elaboration of briefs (product development, packaging, creative, visual merchandising, assets development across all areas of deployment)
- Owns creation and sending of key documents (Launch strategy decks, Forecasting decks, Launch reports, Global Memos…)
- Drives full 360 programs for each launch and drives conversations and collection of deliverables from all relevant cross-functional areas (Artistry, Communications, Creative, Digital, Social, Visual Merchandising). Defines best in class launch and activation strategies and tools that best express the concept
- Ensures a consistent message across all internal documents (bulletins, marketing decks, retailer’s presentations…)
- Ensures high standards of execution and consistency of message across all consumer facing material (copy & visual – name - leaflet – press file – films – face charts …) and across internal documents (bulletin, education material, marketing decks…)
- External Communication
- Creates and updates dynamic presentation decks for Retailer, Internal Market Meetings and Global Conferences
- Oversees the availability of material for photography
- Presents at retailers’ meetings and market conferences when needed
- Leads the coordination of all presentation materials availability from Product Development, 360 functions to organize preparation and delivery of all presentation materials
- Team Management
- Assesses talent strengths and opportunities and identifies concrete path for development
- Clarifies long terms objectives vs immediate and ever-changing priorities
- Identifies, implements and refines processes to ensure team efficiency, productivity and optimized agility, related to recurring meeting objectives, content and deliverables
- Clarifies needed skills – hard vs soft - and lays out path to optimal performance
- 10+ years of work experience in beauty marketing
- Passionate about the beauty industry
- Strong global business background
- Proactive and anticipatory work ethic
- Strong sense of the digital and social media landscape
- An energetic team oriented individual with interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking skills, ability to structure presentations
- Strong project management skills, structured, sense of respect of timeline
- Attention to details, ability to work independently, reliable
- A strong sense of urgency, ability to manage details and projects while responding to changing priorities and feedback in a fast-paced environment
- Leadership qualities to motivate and drive peer teams and their direct reports
- Strong oral, written, communication and presentation skills.
- Must have strong presentation skills
- Must have sophisticated visual PowerPoint presentation aesthetics
- Software expertise – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.