• The Manager, Global Marketing is responsible for supporting Global Marketing initiatives for new launches and ongoing business in the related category.
• This position is responsible for implementing the new launch planning process, as well as driving cross-functional collaboration with the development and implementation of cohesive global strategies. This position also supports the development and implementation of Global Marketing plans, strategy decks, and Marketing presentations in order to drive long term profitable growth and build strong brand equity.
• This position is responsible for supporting the Executive Global Director in partnering with and ensuring deliverables from the cross-functional teams in the development and implementation of cohesive global strategies and obtains alignment to ensure consistency of message across all consumer touch points and best in class launch execution.
• Position reports to the Executive Director, Global Marketing.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work on strategy of the brand and its statement in role related product categories in the ever-changing environment today.
o Supports the Global Marketing Executive Director in developing the 3-5 year strategy of the brand
o Analyze the brand's business with the support of the Executive Global Director to help and identify growth possibilities.
o Provide brand and competitive insights to support Executive Director in leading the product innovation strategic discussion and ideation with Product development
o Execute tasks related to reformulation, repackaging, and reworks to be phased in
o Continually submit new product ideas that are innovative - bold, audacious, modern & iconic
o Include Artistry considerations in the development of products, positioning, positioning, identification of differentiation and added value.
o Put emphasis on speed to market
o Think digitally first in their execution of any project
New and Pillar Product Launch Process
o Support and manage projects and track timeline for upfront new launch planning according to new product development process in collaboration with the Exec Director, Global Marketing
o Support the new product development process partnering with all cross- functional teams
o Follow-up on deliverables with various teams
o Identify competitor best practices to support the development of concept and positioning
o Gather all necessary content for launch strategy decks detailing all the aspects of the launch
o Help analyze and manage product COGs to ensure favorable profitability to the brand
o Provide brand and competitive insights supporting the alignment on pricing
o Support the execution of the sampling strategy in partnership with operational marketing
o Support Executive Director in Global forecast analysis (samples vs. saleable...)
o Support Global Executive Director in preparation of the forecasting decks to guide markets at time of forecast – issue forecast guidelines
o Help review global forecasts (saleable / samples) in partnership with Operational Marketing and Operational teams
o Support Executive Director in elaboration of briefs (product development, packaging, creative, visual merchandising, assets development across all areas of deployment)
o Support Executive Director in creation and sending of key documents (Launch strategy decks, Forecasting decks, Launch reports, Global Memos…)
o Ensure high standard of execution and consistency of message across all consumer facing material (copy & visual – name - leaflet – press file – films – face charts …) and across internal documents (bulletin, education material, marketing decks…)
o Support development of decks for
o Strategic planning
o Marketing Business presentations
o International Meetings
o Ad Hoc Marketing presentations
o Prepare SKU productivity analysis, yearly, as part of the SKU discontinuation process.
o Prepare Mix of business analysis
o Prepare analysis on key categories / franchises
o Provide competitive launch recaps
o Collaborate monthly on NPD highlight and contribute to year end analysis
o Send regular industry news, launches, innovations, and trends
o Support the Global Marketing department in various other analytic projects
o Support the creation and update of dynamic presentation decks for Retailer and Internal Market Meetings and Global Conferences
o Tasked to ensure the availability of material for photography
o Coordinate with Product Development, Creative and Packaging to organize preparation and delivery of all presentation materials
Qualifications & Competencies:
• College degree, 4+ years of work experience in global beauty marketing
• Passionate about the beauty industry
• Strong global business background
• Passionate, creative thinker with the ability to generate on brand ideas, be a key contributor to new product idea, and with deep sensitivity to makeup
• Proactive and anticipatory work ethic
• Strong sense of the digital and social media landscape
• An energetic team-oriented individual with interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical, strategic thinking skills, ability to structure presentations
• Strong project management skills, structured, sense of respect of timeline
• Attention to details, ability to work independently, reliable
• A strong sense of urgency, ability to manage details and projects while responding to changing priorities and feedback in a fast-paced environment
• Must possess strong organization, prioritization with a proven ability to multi-task and manage complexity.
• Strong oral, written, communication and presentation skills.
• Must have strong presentation skills
• Must have sophisticated visual PowerPoint presentation aesthetics
• Software expertise – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.