24 Seven is teaming up with a growing creative team based in Portland, OR that develops home product for retail stores across the country to hire their next graphic designer.
Entry level position for Graphic Designer. Working with the Creative manager the Senior Art Director and the CAD Director assist in the development of seasonal print and pattern needs for Home products. Maintain the integrity of prints and graphics from development through production for all home categories.
• Proficiency in Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop) required
• Graphic Design experience with undergraduate degree in design-related field
• Extreme attention to detail, critical eye and clean aesthetic
• Multitasking skills to meet tight deadlines, handle multiple projects and prioritize accordingly
• Experience working with and developing print/ pattern repeats and colorways
• Strong spatial skills with practical experience in working with 3D renderings, product file layout for print on a variety of materials, creating/updating dielines
• Ability to take and execute direction with positive and passionate mentality
• Understanding of color systems, production methods, trends and industry standards.
• Flexible and collaborative when partnering with team members
• Works within the creative team to produce innovative patterns/repeats & strong silhouette sketches for all home categories.
• Maintain organized artwork folders on the server, prepare line sheets, artboards, and copies for presentations
• Proactively manage deadlines in accordance with creative/corporate calendar; surface challenges early to troubleshoot with Art Director
• Assist in completing revisions/updates and checking final art-files to be sent to vendors
• Contribute to marketplace and trend research for current print/pattern, silhouette, and technique trends
• Assist the Art Director in the artwork strike off approval process
• Attending weekly meetings and quarterly trend presentations
• Manage and maintain file integrity, manage vendor information, upload files to vendors, communicate with vendors when questions arise.
• Ensure team organizational tactics are met from cleanliness of files, file naming, folder organization, and transfer of artwork files to vendor.