Our global footwear and apparel client is hiring a Graphic Designer for a 5 month contract that is likely to extend and could lead to fulltime opportunities. This role is remote for now but may go onsite once it's safe. This position is eligible for benefits and sick time.
With supervision from Design management, uses design skills to create original graphic designs or refreshes existing products that appropriately reflect our clients design philosophy & standards. May also do an "apprenticeship" with senior designers, completing details of product process in lieu of a full project.
- These projects include, but are not limited to the development of print, packaging, 3-D retail displays, event signage, logo systems, imagery, video, and collateral materials.
- Effectively uses computerized systems in design process.
- Works with functional teams from initial concept development to final production and distribution.
- Manages individual projects beginning with attending internal briefings, managing timelines, and scheduling work-back schedules, budget management, supplier coordination, reviewing specs, recommending production alternatives, and maintaining quality production standards.
- Manages both individual projects as well as groups of projects to stay within stated budgets.
- Estimates all aspects of project development.
- Offer production alternatives to provide the best product within the defined budget. Negotiates costs, reviews billing and provides budget reconciliation.
- Arrange the purchasing of goods and services from domestic and international vendors. Evaluate vendors.
- Understand technical aspects, terminology, and equipment involved in film, print, and collateral production.
- Act as a liaison among managers (Image Design, Marketing, product design, etc.) and outside agencies.
- Communicates project details, design requirements, scheduling needs, and graphic materials.
- Provides design support for higher level designers as needed.
- Ability to apply and perform graphic design skills, including drawing/sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing, and scale, visual presentation development and layout that is supported by a portfolio of non-computer-based creative art and graphic design.
- Familiarity with current trends, color, and design.
- Must be computer literate using Macintosh computer design applications.
- Effective oral and written communications skills in local market language, including presentations.
- Proficient information-seeking skills and drive for results. Ability to share ideas and develop effective responses.