Job descriptionOur client, a brand consultancy with a global footprint, is looking for a mid-level Graphic PACKAGING Designer to join the team on a fulltime basis, starting immediately. Role will be remote to start, but eventually move to a hybrid on-site remote model. Candidate must be located in or near Cincinatti, Chicago, or Minneapolis.
We are looking for a highly creative, self-motivated and experienced design professional who understands how to support our business, work with clients and reliably deliver. You will be involved in wide range of projects for global brands including retail packaging, marketing strategies, identity development, art direction and new brand creation.
- Assume hands-on design function to help complete projects in a timely, aesthetically compelling manner.
- Support the Senior Designers and creative team on a variety of projects - show accountability and ownership of assigned projects while understanding timeslines and budgets.
Requirements and Skills:
- BFA, or equivalent experience in Design, Packaging, Advertising or promotional collateral.
- 3-4 years experience designing for packaging design projects.
- Portfolio of work inlcuding sketches that showcase thought process.
- Knowledgeable in Print Production, Photography, and Proofing, preferred.
- High-level knowledge of art materials, fabrication techniques, printing process and press runs.
- Mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator, and other current design software in a Mac OS X environment.
- Think strategically as well as aesthetically.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Mentor and/or management experience, highly desirable.
- Maintain a positive, team building attitude even under pressure.
- Ability to draw or layout design thinking using the traditional design tools.
- Possess excellent people and communication skills.