• Analyze relevance of trends for brand and develop accordingly
• Responsible for market research and analysis
• Develop new and original textile prints and graphics for each collection under the direction of the Creative Director and design team
• Develop new and original concepts for marketing departments
• Build and maintain a creative partnership with Design team from concept to adoption of printed developments
• Use knowledge of different types of print techniques, as required for a variety of fabrications/print outcomes.
• Offer a choice of artwork/colour ways/scale when presenting the completed brief
• Have a good color sensibility to follow colour palette provided and forecasted however be able to offer additional colourways, colour suggestions or accents that enhance artwork adopted
• Adjust accurately colour, print out/cads and emulate palette or desired colours
• Ensure all artwork is correct to scale for required garment, and graded accordingly
• Printing technique to be clearly indicated on artwork and communicated accurately to design team and suppliers
• Ensure all artwork packages are completed and sent in a timely manner
• Create production art placement, troubleshoot production, and direct factories as needed.
• Build and maintain art library.
• Concisely and clearly communicate and coordinate tasks to effectively meet department needs.
• Ability to cross-functionally manage several expectations and deadlines.
• Assist the online and marketing teams with creating and developing brands assets, marketing collateral and promotional material
• Adapt and apply each brand style and voice graphically across all marketing and online channels - developing and providing innovative ideas to drive the voice strongly
• Design from concept to execution; including layouts, selecting fonts, product design, and any other requested marketing materials.
Skills/Competencies and Qualifications/Experience
Skills and Competencies
• A genuine interest in fashion and alignment with our brands.
• A deep understanding of our brands commercial value and customer expectations
• Awareness of market trends and developments
• Ability to stay ahead of the market
• Highly motivated self-starter.
• Superb communication skills with the ability to effectively influence and inspire superior performance across all levels of the organization.
• Keen sense of awareness regarding industry trends, competition and new technologies.
• Team player - not only are you able to develop new processes and drive strategic initiatives, but you can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and support the team to get the job done.
• Experience working in a high growth environment, with constantly shifting priorities; ability to create order out of chaos.
• More apt to saying “yes” or “we’ll try” (rather than “no” or “that’s impossible”).
• Acts with a sense of urgency, strong time management skills.
• Ability to maintain quality under pressure and while delivering multiple projects.
• Deep understanding of typography for print, web, and mobile.
• Strong attention to detail.