Job descriptionOur client is a leader in the field of human performance, running a B2B2C model of health, fitness, and performance services within the corporate landscape. With award-winning elite athlete facilities, sports medicine clinics, technology, and services, our client connects people to the solutions they need and provides comprehensive game plans, regardless of skill and sport, based on time-tested fundamentals and research in order to help people take control of their health and performance.
Head of Product Marketing Overview
Our client is looking for a hands-on product marketing leader to join the team to build the digital product marketing capabilities from the ground up and to amplify their ability to acquire, engage and retain members into their digital products. The digital products come to life across multiple platforms (web, mobile apps, in-gym digital experiences).
This is both a strategic and hands-on role, where you’ll set the strategy and implement the marketing tactics for product marketing across the full funnel from acquisition to re-engagement. You will partner closely with the Product, Content and Operations teams to continuously monitor member behavior in our platforms at the macro level as well as the individual client level.
Head of Product Marketing Responsibilities
- Reporting directly the Head of Product and Member Experiences, you will be a member of a small cross-functional team that runs like a startup within the business, setting quarterly OKRs and tracking the progress of the business.
- You will be accountable for two KPIs for the flagship products: new member registrations and member activation.
- This role owns the product marketing initiatives from strategy through design, execution, production and measurement and optimization.
- You’ll select and implement the tools to effectively market to consumers across all our web and mobile digital products. This includes but is not limited to client internal communication channels (e.g. Slack, Intranets, etc) email marketing, mobile app push notification, digital media (e.g. retargeting in social media contexts and influencer organic efforts in social media), and other web and mobile marketing tools
- In collaboration with brand marketers, product managers, designers, data scientists, and other cross-functional partners, you’ll plan campaigns and initiatives that will engage consumers and achieve the product’s business goals.
- In collaboration with our Content and Programming team, you’ll own the strategy and delivery of product marketing content across web and mobile platforms.
- You’ll select and implement the measurement tools that will be used to optimize the effectiveness of product marketing campaigns and tactics.
- You’ll strategize with corporate clients, and in partnership with product and data functions on digital acquisition tactics and experiment within their corporate environments, measuring effectiveness and optimizing efforts to achieve acquisition goals.
- Maintaining a knowledgeable opinion of modern digital marketing tools, vendors, products, channels, etc. is critical.
- This role will identify and hire a product marketing manager to support.
Head of Product Marketing Requirements
- 7+ years of digital product marketing experience
- Previous experience selecting, implementing, and being the primary user of digital product marketing tools across web and mobile platforms
- Preferred experience in a B2B2C model where activation has occurred within client internal channels
- A strong understanding of mobile app product marketing across iOS and Android including at least 3+ years of mobile app marketing experience
- Experience leading the execution of large digital marketing projects and identifying and removing roadblocks
- Hands-on experience implementing and monitoring the effectiveness of digital mobile marketing campaigns and initiatives throughout the funnel with a focus on top-of-funnel awareness and acquisition and bottom-of-funnel re-engagement and win-back
- Experience creating web and mobile marketing content across email, notifications, app store, mobile, and web content
- A strong understanding of measurement of digital product marketing effectiveness using qualitative (customer research) and quantitative (user analytics) data, including running split and A/B tests
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- World-class combination of creative, analytical, and critical reasoning skills
- Fast learner with excellent problem-solving and prioritization skills
- Energetic, humble, and self-motivated team player
- Great at communicating and working within a high-performing cross-functional team
- Personal interest in health, wellness and/or sports and fitness industry