Head of Strategy
Must be located in NYC Metro Area – No Exceptions
Our client seeks a Head of Strategy to lead a growing strategy function within a full-service digital agency. This role will lead development of brand strategies across top tier clients and industries all while elevating the craft of strategy within the organization. They are looking for an empathic leader who lives and breathes culture while simultaneously pouring through reams of data to develop cutting-edge insights. This role is perfect for someone with deep experience in brand strategy development and incredible instincts for social. Our client is a boutique agency and this role will be a critical senior leader who can work alongside their clients to develop innovative solutions to their business problems while helping to shape the future vision of the firm.
What You'll Do
- Lead the strategic planning and ideation process for key clients and new business pitches.
- Partner with Account and New Business Teams to help clients identify the real problem to solve and leverage research and data to inspire agency teams to find the right solutions.
- Write killer creative briefs offering deep strategic insights and broad creative inspiration to ensure the best possible work from the creative team.
- Guide team members to derive sharp insights from disparate data sources, ensuring actionability and relevance for brand opportunities.
- Lead the development of winning presentation materials with a knack for strategic storytelling.
- Serve on the Executive Leadership Team, representing the craft of strategy and the role it plays in building long-term, sustainable growth for the agency.
- Partner with business development to both identify and respond to unique and right-fit marketplace opportunities.
- Develop strong relationships and rapport with clients, instilling confidence in agency work and support.
- Put in place ongoing processes to ensure the agency remains fully informed of market, competitor and customer activity that may impact a client’s business.
What You Have
Leadership & Competencies
Our client takes pride on the supportive, collaborative culture of their boutique firm. They work together to create innovative, first-to-market creative solutions for their clients but also to support each other. They are looking for a leader who can deliver sharp strategic insights but also advocate, coach and lift up a growing team.
- Enables a culture of excellence by establishing and continuously communicating a clear and compelling vision for deepening of strategic competencies and team development
- Advocate for strategy development – process, team, and best practices (brand and social)
- Partner with Creative team to build world-class collaboration process to elicit winning consumer-first creative concepts and channel plans
- Coach and develop strategy team – recognize needs and opportunities across team, and rally support to train and equip with tools and experiences to drive personal and collective growth
- Deep analytical and research chops, your finger on the pulse of culture and fluent in social and its impact on brand and human experience in 2021 and beyond
- An interest and fluency in emerging technologies and their impact on the consumer experience
- 10+ years of experience strategizing for top tier clients, experience with Entertainment industry a +
- At least 5-years of experience building and leading teams
- A proven track record of being an amazing colleague, coach, and friend
- A passion for coaching and teaching with partnership mindset and the ability to have the necessary tough conversations
- Extensive experience using social media to solve brand/business challenges
- Commitment to excellence—anticipating opportunities and challenges, identifying emerging platforms and trends to drive innovation
- Innate curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit