Our client, a healthcare communications agency comprised of over 100 creative digital pros, is seeking a freelance Data Strategist, to work on a 3-month rolling contract, based in the US (East Coast time zone is preferred).
Role & Responsibilities of the Data Strategist:
- Analytics data leader throughout the organization, working with strategists, planners, medical teams and client service teams to support new business opportunities and client projects.
- Strong expertise in web, media, and data visualization as well as the ability to clearly communicate complex analysis to non-technical and non-marketing healthcare audiences.
- Responsible for developing and communicating insights by pulling data from multiple sources, analyzing key metrics to measure performance, and crafting the “story” to help clients and brand teams make better strategic decisions
- Helping to plan, collect and analyze appropriate metrics and KPIs, together with the Digital Engagement Strategy team
- Development of data collation/analysis strategy for understanding the audience preferences, drivers, motivations, etc.
- Understand requirements for data analytics projects, craft approach and complete the analyses
- Working with both internal proprietary, as well as 3rd party and vendor data sources tools
- Data management and analysis, including standardizing data, data cleansing, loading and managing data visualization tools
- Create data visualizations and reports for agency clients, that will ultimately be presented to end customers by the agency
- Work closely with analyst teams from across multiple agencies in the network
- Contribute to client data analytics assignments and participate in client meetings as appropriate
- Understanding and analysis of metrics and KPIs
- Knowledge of predictive modeling and advanced analytics is preferred
Requirements of the Data Strategist:
- Healthcare, or Life Science, industry expertise required
- Fluent in marketing metrics and audience data
- Experience/certification with Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Doubleclick
- Proficiency with data visualization tools such as Tableau or similar
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Total data analytics work experience 2+ years, with at least one year’s experience working for an agency
- Strong ability to communicate complex analytical concepts to a variety of non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical, presentation, and problem-solving skills
- Experience analyzing and developing statistical models a plus
- Experience writing SQL queries is a plus