Job descriptionOur client, a leader in fitness, is seeking a well organized, dynamic Benefits Manager to join their growing HR team!
This is a great role for someone with a personality who wants growth, has an open mind, wants a GREAT company culture with a work life balance!
The Benefits Manager oversees, supports, and administers employee benefits programs, such as health insurance and retirement program, ensuring our packages are comparable with industry norms and competitive within the market. Working with the director, the manager ensures our programs meet employee needs, comply with legal requirements and more.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Researches, analyzes, and administers healthcare plans and wellness programs, from medical, dental and vision benefits to company’s 401(k) plan. Ensuring the benefits packages are complete, functional, and fit for purpose.
• Forecasts benefit claims, usage, and financial implications. Reporting on benefits scheme claims, usage, and uptake.
• Supports and advises employees, answering questions and enrolling staff in benefit and wellness programs. Responds to benefits inquiries from employees regarding plan provisions, enrollment, status changes, and other general inquiries.
• Enrolls employees with company-sponsored benefits and wellness programs, process life-status changes. Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes. Leads our open enrollment process.
• Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollment through our payroll system, providing vendors with accurate eligibility information.
• Distributes all benefits enrollment materials and determines eligibility.
• Processes and administers all leaves of absence requests and disability paperwork. Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
• Monitors and reviews monthly allocation and/or billing charges. Provides necessary reports for invoices and allocation.
• Performs quality checks of benefits-related data.
WHO YOU ARE:
• Hospitality experience is a plus!!!
• Knowledge of employee benefit laws, regulations, and reporting responsibilities (i.e., ERISA, FMLA, COBRA, HIPAA, etc.). Must have knowledge of city, state, and federal laws and compliance matters.
• Strong computer literacy and experience with payroll software. Proficient with MS Office suite.
• Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines and handle multiple deliverables.
• Must have attention to details directed as minimizing errors and keeping tasks and responsibilities clear.
• Excellent and effective communication skills and strong writing skills to communicate benefits information through written material as well as workshop presentations. Ability to simplify information and communicate effectively.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Attention to detail and ability to follow proper processes and procedures with care.
• Must be results and bottom-line oriented yet will possess sensitivity towards people and values.
• Must have exceptional time-management skills and be able to execute tasks and responsibilities in an ever-changing environment.
• Must be able to operate with discretion and confidentiality.