HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER/DIRECTOR
The Human Resources Director is responsible for all HR operations and reports directly to the COO. The HR Director is instrumental in supporting the existing team and creating structure and protocols for all HR processes to help in the growth of the company.
Responsible for maintaining a healthy work environment for all employees (in-office, remote, full time, part time, contractors, etc.) and leading growth by acquiring and managing new talent to fulfill the changing needs of the company.
The Human Resources Director must have a sound understanding of all laws that apply to the workplace and a contemporary point of view toward wellness, mental health and social equity which always considers the foundational barriers to social and economic equity and new paradigms for addressing them. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
TEAM MANAGEMENT & GROWTH:
- Responsible for leading all hiring efforts, including role creation, publishing to hiring platforms, shortlisting, interviewing, screening, negotiating contracts, etc.
- Onboarding of all new employees to ensure they are aware of all company policies, benefits, payroll software, etc. Continually improve the onboarding process with a focus on setting up new employees for success and meeting the expectations of their new role.
- Following up with both supervisors and employees at regular intervals after onboarding.
- Regularly monitor employee performance (quality of work, hours, timeliness, organization, communication, etc.)
- Conduct mid-, end-of-year and ad-hoc performance reviews, including contract renegotiations and updates to titles and role responsibilities.
- Lead succession planning in the event of a planned resignation or retirement.
WELLNESS & EQUITY:
- Main point of contact for all employee relations issues.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with employees across the organization while consistently delivering responsive, high-quality service to all team members.
- Responsible for monitoring team morale and mental health, with a focus on creating an environment that all employees feel at-home in, preventing burnout and creating social equity in the workplace.
- Conduct thorough and unbiased investigation of any claims, mediate contentious situations with sensitivity and empathy for all parties involved, as well as their dynamics and both specific and broader contexts of the situation.
- Must have a thorough understanding of issues surrounding social equity and power dynamics in the workplace.
- Mentor managers to be better leaders for their teams. Support managers with conducting reviews and communicating with their teams about workplace standards and policies.
- Responsible for managing the HR department budget.
- System administrator of all HR software, including audits as needed and integration of any necessary apps or moves to otherHR platforms/systems.
- Main point of contact for all benefits providers. Must have complete understanding of all available employee benefits, be able to answer employee’s questions and guide them through their options.
- Accurate and up-to-date recordkeeping of all employee documents as required by law. Must stay up-to-date with local and federal laws.
- Direct payroll operations ensuring that payroll is delivered on-time, accurately, within all regulatory, labor and tax guidelines.
- Responsible for reporting any pertinent incidents related to executing the above responsibilities directly to the DoPD and the COO.
- Minimum 10 years experience in a similar position.
- Full time availability to work in our Brooklyn, NY offices.
- Ability to work remotely if needed.
- must be available after hours and weekends via email and phone for any urgent/unforeseen needs. Must check inbox after hours to address urgent issues, communications
- Strong working knowledge of payroll practices and labor & compliance guidelines at the federal, state and local levels
- High level of integrity and sound judgment in contentious situations.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and visual).
- High level of fluency Excel/Google Suite.
- Experience with Adobe Suite, Notion or other visual software is preferred.
- Flexible and agile learner able to adapt to the changing needs of the company.
- Self-motivated and self-directed with continuous desire to learn and grow.