Our client, is looking for an Inbound Logistics Coordinator to join their team. They are looking for a highly motivated and energetic Inbound Logistics Coordinator whose main objective will be to coordinate the day-to-day operations processes as they relate to fulfillment and inventory for all our revenue channels, including retail, eCommerce, and wholesale. The Inbound Logistics Coordinator will report to the Operations Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review, with purchasing department, stock report with our factories to maintain inventory levels.
- Track and trace all shipments from origins to all final destinations.
- Freight Forwarder’s/ Steamship Line
- Custom Brokers (Including FDA, USDA, etc.…)
- Trucking Companies
- Must resolve all issues including holds (With sense of urgency)
- Review all bills with all inbound logistics business partners to ensure its accuracy.
- Keep track of quality & quantity of products received in our warehouse & 3PL.
- Gather quotes twice a month for Sea Freights and Drayage Trucking.
- Assist in determining the cause for inventory misalignment and shortages and help develop solutions to solve recurring issues.
- Maintain regular inventory count and report to Production Coordinator of any surplus or shortages.
- Assist in the management of international and cross-border logistics: compliance, tax and duties remittance, reverse logistics, commercial invoices, and duty drawback, to ensure international shipments have the required clearances and documentation needed for successful and timely transport and delivery.
- Help drive continuous improvement in speed of fulfillment.
- Have continuous communication with the warehouse team to ensure KPIs are being met, errors are being caught, and solutions are being presented.
Duties and Responsibilities: Explained.
- Responsible for presenting the stock list to purchasing for their comments on which to ship or delay and consolidating products from different vendors into containers.
- Responsible for ocean, air and trucking freight cargo processing including communications, rating, booking, document handling, billing, tracking and delivery of cargo.
- Selects or recommends appropriate carrier for the customer’s ocean, trucking, or air cargo according to customer needs, rate levels, or other requirements.
- Works with customs broker and overseas office to collect and provide the correct documentation for clearing customs.
- Ensures international shipments have both freight release and customs release to prevent any unnecessary delays.
- Complies with letters of credit or other banking documents that are on file for the customer.
- Communicates with carriers, overseas offices, and customers transportation branches to facilitate timely transport and release of freight.
- Troubleshoots transportation issues to the customer’s satisfaction or escalates complex problems to the supervisor.
- Ensures that goods are delivered in full in a timely manner in the most cost-effective manner.
- Maintain metrics to track inbound and outbound volumes, fill rates, deliveries, and efficiency to analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements.
- Maintain speedy and accurate performance reports for all fulfillment activities and maximize the company’s return on fulfillment labor spend.
What you will need:
- College graduate preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal), team player mindset.
- Ability to multitask, juggle numerous duties, competing priorities and tight deadlines simultaneously while maintaining quality.
- Strong adaptability, flexibility, resourcefulness, and solution oriented. Creative, not afraid to think differently, take risks.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and make decisions.
- The ability to think through a problem and take appropriate action to resolve it in a timely manner.
- Sense of urgency
Position will require:
- Proficiency in windows computer.
- Above Average Understanding in Microsoft Excel & Outlook.
- Knowledgeable on tracking KPI's and Metrics
- Work Experience 2 of more years of dealing sea & air freight logistics type of work.
- Experience working with international companies.