Our client, a leader in the beauty and Retail space, is looking for an REMOTE Inbound Transportation Analyst to join the team on a freelance basis. Candidate will be completely remote. Role set to start ASAP, and contract will be 5 months with potential to extend.
Title: Inbound Transportation Analyst (REMOTE)
Duration: Approximately 6 months
Location: FULLY REMOTE
Merchandising Admin Assistant Responsibilities:
- Load plan and tender inbound collect shipments utilizing the brand's TMS platform.
- Analyze shipments to ensure mode optimization and consolidation opportunities
- Work with vendors and carriers to coordinate all delivery appointments into the org's DC’s within a timely fashion, escalating where necessary
- Support our internal partners with shipments that are not maintained thru SAP and require manual intervention.
- Support manual shipments of all RTVs, RTDCs and DC to DC transfers
- Collaborate with MP&I, Inventory, DC Operations and DCs to meet inventory-based demands
- Identify and escalate shipments that should not ship during EOM/EOQ activities to meet business needs
- Manage shipment exceptions, shipment prioritization and expedited shipments. When necessary, assist in tracking shipments and manage daily exceptions to ensure desired service results
- Communicate late deliveries to DC’s
- Partner with DCs to ensure ability accommodate appointment availability
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 1 years of experience working with a Logistics/Distribution/Supply Chain environment preferred
- Working knowledge of SAP and TMS preferred. Must be comfortable learning new software.
- Strong analytical skills required
- Previous experience managing vendors/carriers preferred
- Experience in process improvement and best practices preferred.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Strong organization and follow up skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to evaluate situations and make informed decisions
- Able to perform multiple tasks at the same time
- Microsoft Office proficiency required, advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills preferred
- Able to match appointments to DC capacity and operational requirements
- Able to talk to vendors, carriers and DC’s on the telephone
- Able to maintain a professional image both in person, on the phone and in writing
- Flexibility in daily task assignments as assigned