Our client, a leader in the beauty and Retail space, is looking for an Inbound Transportation Coordinator to join the team on a freelance basis. This role is completely remote! This person will perform specialized operational functions on a daily basis to support the Outbound Transportation team.
Perform all activities related to planning and scheduling of all inbound collect shipments into the company's DC’s to ensure orders are planned in a cost-effective manner while maintaining a high level of service. This individual works closely with carriers, suppliers and many internal cross-functional partners to troubleshoot pain points and develop innovative solutions to meet business needs.
The Inbound Transportation Coordinator Will:
- Load plan and tender inbound collect shipments utilizing the company's TMS platform
- Analyze shipments to ensure mode optimization and consolidation opportunities
- Work with vendors and carriers to coordinate all delivery appointments into brand DC’s within a timely fashion, escalating where necessary
- Support our internal partners with shipments that are not maintained thru SAP and require manual intervention.
- Support manual shipments of all RTVs, RTDCs and DC to DC transfers
- Collaborate with MP&I, Inventory, DC Operations and DCs to meet inventory-based demands
- Identify and escalate shipments that should not ship during EOM/EOQ activities to meet business needs
- Manage shipment exceptions, shipment prioritization and expedited shipments.
- When necessary, assist in tracking shipments and manage daily exceptions to ensure desired service results
- Communicate late deliveries to DC’s
- Partner with DCs to ensure ability accommodate appointment availability
- Other duties as assigned
The Inbound Transportation Coordinator Must Have:
- Minimum 1 years of experience working with a Logistics/Distribution/Supply Chain environment preferred
- Working knowledge of SAP and TMS preferred. Must be comfortable learning new software.
- Able to talk to vendors, carriers and DC’s on the telephone
- Able to maintain a professional image both in person, on the phone and in writing
- Flexibility in daily task assignments as assigned
- Strong analytical skills required
- Previous experience managing vendors/carriers preferred
- Experience in process improvement and best practices preferred.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Strong organization and follow up skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to evaluate situations and make informed decisions
- Able to perform multiple tasks at the same time
- Microsoft Office proficiency required, advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills preferred
- Able to match appointments to DC capacity and operational requirements
If interested in and qualified for the opportunity, please forward your resume today!