Our global footwear and apparel client is hiring an Instructional Designer on a 12 month contract that is likely to extend and could lead to fulltime opportunities. This role is remote for now but may go onsite once it's safe. This position is eligible for benefits and sick time.
In this contract role, you will be part of the team that transforms the learning landscape. You will adapt existing training content for mobile deployment across service, operational, cultural and product focuses. You will work quickly to translate analog content into creative and impactful digital training, sourcing engaging assets that enhance the experience. Utilizing your knowledge of mobile learning best practices, you will create engaging and effective learning courses, activities and assessments. You will utilize templates and standards for efficient development and a consistent end-user experience. You will write in a specific brand voice and distill complex information into its most critical pieces. You will invite feedback and leverage an established review workflow. The ability to structure content effectively for mobile and utilize creative ways to reinforce and assess learning are essential.
• Develop mobile learning modules for our clients retail store employees.
• Create effective mobile interactions, activities and assessments.
• Ensure a service focus is present in all training materials.
• Produce high-quality work that adheres to relevant standards and style guides.
• Manage and prioritize workload to meet aggressive deadlines.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with teammates and cross-functional team members.
• Share industry best-practice knowledge of mobile learning to inform the long-term solution.
• Experience developing and designing digital or mobile training content.
• Retail experience (working in a retail store or customer service environment).
• Excellent written communication skills and ability to influence across various leadership levels.
• Attention to detail, multitasking ability, and desire to excel in a fast-pace environment. • Experience creating content for global audiences.
• Proficiency with Keynote and Microsoft Office products.
• Proficiency with mobile content development software (Articulate Rise 360 or similar).
• Demonstrated knowledge of mobile and adult learning principles.
• (Preferred) Bachelor's degree, preferably in Education, Business, Adult learning, Instructional Design, Communications, English/Writing or a related field.
• 3-5 years of professional work experience creating content for digital or mobile learning platforms.