Junior Art Director
Our client, a boutique ad agency is looking for a Junior Art Director. This is a FTE opportunity with remote flexibility. Local LA candidates preferred.
We are looking for a curious, passionate, and proactive problem solver. The ideal team member wants to change the world with their skills. As a Jr Art Director, you will assist the Creative Team in their day-to-day production of campaigns for clients. You must have a strong understanding of digital channels and an eagerness to learn traditional print. To be successful you will need to have a strong eye for design, be able to juggle numerous tasks, take direction and contribute ideas. If you are eager to learn and change the world, we are excited to me you. We’re not just looking for a standard set of skills or experiences. We care less about past titles and jobs (thought we want to know about those) and more about how you’re wired. We’re looking for the right person, not just the right portfolio – and for us that means a good cultural fit, someone who is big on the following:
- Curiosity: you are always trying to figure things out, be it the solution to a puzzle, an answer to a question, or an approach to a challenge; your brain in constantly at work – taking all your observations and turning them into meaning
- Problem-solving: sometimes the problem won’t be well-defined or clear; regardless you’re up for the challenge – you know how to dig in, ask questions, see possibilities, and figure it out
- Ownership: you’re a self-starter, take initiative, don’t require hands-on management, and have a million ideas on how to make something better
- Good communication: you listen well, meaning that you are able to understand and comprehend what someone is trying to say. You express your thoughts, points of view, and recommendations clearly, thoughtfully, and concisely – especially in written form
- Collaboration: you believe that success together is better than success achieved alone and understand that working as a team will get us further than working individually. And you’re actively commitment to contributing to the bigger picture
- You want to make the world better
- Assist Creative leads with concept ideas and creative problem solving for print, digital and social campaigns.
- Articulate creative ideas and be a self-motivated team player.
- Assist in making sure that projects are completed at the high standard of excellence and follow client’s brand standards
- Work collaboratively with all employees and promote/support a positive and productive work environment.
- Develop skills through learning from others on the team.
- Capable of meeting tight deadlines, and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Very organized and with high attention to detail
- Strong relationship-building skills
Skills & Qualifications:
- Passion for making a difference in the world
- Experience in digital, typography, and print.
- Expertise in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, and other creative suite applications
- Proficient in Sketch, Microsoft Suite, FB Creative Hub preferred.
- Experience in video, HTML is a plus
- Ability and ambition to learn new software tools as the work requires
- Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts, Advertising, or Graphic Design preferred.
- Must provide portfolio as part of application to be considered.