Junior Industrial Designer (hard goods/textiles)
Location: Nashville, TN
Remote, but they want people who can be in the office a few days/month. (You will collaborate with team in-person)
Global International Product, Design and Entertainment Company is looking for a creative and experienced Junior Designer to join our growing team.
This company licenses with every type of product from curtains to dinnerware to holiday decoratives!
The ideal candidate will work closely with the Designer and VP of Product Design supporting all categories in the home space.
• Assist with creating beautiful trend presentations.
• Maintain a visual library of all products current under the company brands.
• Help to drive new design concepts and communicate with Licensees on product
• Support the creation of digital presentations and renderings for retail layouts, end caps,
packaging ideas and product ideas.
• Assist with review of samples.
• Assist with sample room organization and upkeep.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 1-2 years minimum of professional home goods design experience.
• Strong visual sense with well-rounded knowledge of design.
• Technical knowledge of home textile products.
• Experience with textile design is a plus; ability to create original designs and recolor
• Excellent use of Adobe Suite/Illustrator/Photoshop/InDesign.
• Genuine interest in home furnishings interiors trends.
• Proficient with Mac
•Ability to research and report on industry trend direction, color direction and materials.
• Strong eye for what’s new in market.
• Prior experience with seasonal décor
• Prior experience with Dropbox
• Excellent problem-solving skills and exceptional attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively in a fast-paced
• Highly motivated self-starter able to juggle multiple projects under deadlines.