The ideal candidate for the role will have spent between three and five years working as a sportswear or dress designer. He/she will be trend aware and be able to introduce new designs, influences and process to the company.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
• Report to the Head Designer.
• Skilled at line development, including color, print, fabric, trim and silhouette selection.
• Translate market and Sales Management input into innovative commercial designs.
• Create color and concept boards.
• Produce sketches for each style.
• Understand cost and apparel production to develop cost-efficient and innovative product designs. • Maintain timelines, targeted price points
• Seasonal travel for research and/or product development maybe required.
Essential Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in fashion or product design
• 3+ years of experience in design
• Strong knowledge of apparel, fashion terminology, the product development process, and textiles
• Creative person with strong presentation skills and exhibits fashion and trend consciousness
• A self-starter who is able to receive strong honest critique
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with a sense of urgency
• Ability to work in a team environment, build trust and relationships.
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing work environment
• Strong interpersonal and listening skills