Our global footwear and apparel client is hiring a Lab Analyst on a 12 month contract that will likely extend and has the potential to covert to full time down the road if a good fit. This position is eligible for benefits and sick time.
This role requires and individual who can thrive in a rapidly changing landscape who will focus on the execution and curation of data collected in a lab-based setting. In addition to data collection, this individual will be required to give context and meaning behind the numbers. A variety of equipment and measurement systems will be used to collect the necessary data.
The ability to schedule and manage a variety of testing plans and resources to meet overall project planning is a needed skill in the role. Recipients of test updates will have varied backgrounds; the ability to tailor a message to an audience appropriately is extremely beneficial.
- BS in Engineering or similar, ME or EE preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude around basic maintenance of custom laboratory fixtures.
- Experience with managing multiple workstreams and conducting lab-based testing on a variety of machinery and equipment
- Participation in and contribution to cross-functional teams is required for success.
- Excellent communication skills needed to present and share test results across a wide audience.
- Previous experience with sport sensors and the quantification of athletic performance.
- Ability to follow and improve laboratory protocols.
- Ability to inspect data sets for anomalies using tool of choice (MATLAB, Python, Excell)
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- MS Degree in related fields of study.
- A willingness to learn advanced statistical methods, such as Design of Experiments.
- Experience with managing and analyzing large data sets.