Our healthcare client, located in Chicago, is looking to add a Senior Manager of User Experience to their growing team on a fulltime basis! This role is set to start ASAP.
As a Senior Manager of User Experience, you will apply your knowledge of software delivery and design operations, project and team management, client and partner relationship management, user experience design methodologies, technology and UX best practices and proven processes to help plan, define, help design and deliver digital technology projects and products on budget, within planned schedules you will help define, and with superb quality. You will lead a talented US-based team of 8-10 UX and visual designers, as well as have responsibility for UX researchers, for active products and programs in diagnostic imaging, analytics, data, AI, cloud and more.
In this hybrid managerial- UX leader role, you will help build the future of digital healthcare technology, ensuring business and technical objectives are met through outstanding design and customers and users are delighted. You and your team will be responsible for executing quality UX, on time, on key customer products and programs.
The Senior Manager role involves extensive evangelism and education of UX process with Product and Engineering leaders to ensure the appropriate time has been allocated to the delivery roadmaps, including the need for iterative customer and user research and testing as part of the UX process. You will also ensure adoption, compliance and contributions to our enterprise .com site on all programs.
*Digital organization is structured around three major areas: Products & Platform, Go to Market and Centers of Excellence.
The Senior Manager, UX will:
- Become an expert in the brand's .com property and ensure teams adopt, use and contribute to this on all programs
- Utilize your technical proficiency in Visual Design, Interaction Design, Design Research (quant and qual) by owning and managing multiple research, design, prototyping and product development efforts, including roadmaps and staffing, across multiple products and teams
- Coordinate, scope, plan, coach, mentor, lead, and provide career guidance and development to UX professionals in Chicago, Pittsburgh, Wisconsin and San Ramon CA
- Identify skill gaps within the team and work to fill gaps with talent, experience or training; develop, onboard or implement new tools and processes to enable the team
- Influence change and business decisions through partnerships with others and using the latest UX methods, such as design thinking, Google Design sprints, collaborative design, service design, informal and formal testing and rapid prototyping
- Be a passionate advocate and evangelist of UX with executives, colleagues, business leaders, and company talent at all levels of the org. and externally
- Work with product owners and architects to develop realistic multi-generational product plans that properly prioritize, scope and plan for UX research, design, usability and testing at all phases of the product dev. process. Work with product owners across the businesses to understand market needs & product vision; ensure that vision is translated into workflows, interactions and designs for software
- Participate in and lead team discussions relative to current user experience projects.
- Feel comfortable independently leading design sprints, UX requirements definition sessions and design thinking workshops and accurately scoping UX research and design work
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Agile software development as well as Lean UX methodologies and can troubleshoot the challenges of integrating UX into an Agile or SAFE model
- Communicate effectively both within immediate team and company leadership.
- Ensure team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy and results
- Provide leadership and contribute to the larger UX community at Healthcare Digital
The Senior Manager, UX Must Have/Be:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction, Graphic, or Industrial Design preferred or in STEAM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) or related field; or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of professional experience in user experience design
- Demonstrated experience in UX, Visual Design and UX research as an expert practitioner, preferably on software and in a larger company environment; bonus for experience in front-end development
- Demonstrated understanding of an iterative, user-centered, feedback-led UX process that progresses from lower to high degrees of fidelity
- Demonstrated experience planning and scoping projects and deliverables
- Experience leading a design team
- Experience using project roadmap planning, code repository and Agile tracking tools such as GitHub, Confluence, Rally, and AHA a plus
- Extensive knowledge of UX and design process and approaches for software development, the SDLC, Agile, Lean and SAFE. Some technical background a plus
- Experienced in design thinking, design sprints and facilitation for team and cross-functional design collaboration
- Knowledgeable in rapid prototyping methods and using enterprise design systems
- Knowledgeable on providing design reviews and giving constructive design feedback. Experience as a lead designer leading and coordinating the work of other designers a plus
- *Leadership Attributes:
- Effective team and group leader. Recognizes and shapes group dynamic, energy, progress, unproductive/disruptive behavior toward desired goals of session.
- Strong presenter and adept at coaching others on effective presentation skills.
- Track record of setting targets, executing a plan, and delivering results
- Ability to plan and provide structure and organization in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Evaluates products & processes to assure compliance.
- Systems thinker; can see patterns and relationships, similarities between programs, projects and interfaces. Plans and scopes design programs that improve product and service UX at scale.
- Helps assembles the larger 360 view of UX and effectively communicates that picture to others.
- Creates a high-functioning team environment where people are motivated, supported, share more, feel more engaged, and ultimately perform better.
- Strong strategic and analytical thinker. Uses critical thinking skills and disciplined approaches to help leaders and leadership teams resolve issues and define solutions.
- Acts and decides appropriately when all available information may not be possible to obtain. Uses root cause analysis to identify, correct and/or eliminate the causes of problems as well as the problem itself.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity. Ability to interact at all levels of the organization, and with other company/brand businesses and partners. Demonstrated experience leading and influencing across a complex, global matrix organization.
- Supports the team to drive through risk and ambiguity. Strong bias towards action and delivery. Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Functions effectively under pressure, with deadlines and on high-visibility projects. Prior digital agency experience can be a plus
- Influences and energizes others toward the common vision and goal. Is able to help colleagues see the value of a human-focused design perspective
- Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal in the face of unfavorable odds and setbacks. Maintains Commitment, Perseverance, Passion as a team role model
- Preferably, possesses strong existing domain knowledge of healthcare and particularly healthcare diagnostics, reporting, monitoring or imaging software.
If you are interested in and qualified for this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio today!