Job descriptionLearning and Development Manager
LOCATION: Based in Torrance, CA supporting US Division.
Purpose & Objective:
To effectively strengthen and grow our client's development culture and internal talent pool through the implementation, delivery and support of development related activities including driving delivery of service culture and global development programs. Development includes growing talent in line with the vision of “Exceptional People Delivering Exceptional Product”. The role encompasses training coordination, design, delivery, consultation and follow-up regarding development plans, performance management education and coaching as well as people related contributions to assist the achievement of our client's business objectives. To be responsible for the identification, development and communication of learning strategies for the assigned division(s).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partnership with Business Clients and Internal Customers
• Establish strong partnership with business clients/internal customers to continuously remain aligned with current business issues and opportunities, as related to learning and development.
• Actively assist in the communication, alignment and implementation of learning and development related initiatives across the Division, in support of the client's business goals and strategic objectives.
• As a member of the global network of our client's Learning & Development professionals, facilitate the understanding and delivery of global programs and strategies to the division team as well as facilitate the communication of division needs to the Global Learning & Development team.
• Assess assigned Division(s) development needs and work to arrange training in areas ranging from supervisory/ management skills to selling and service, as required to fill identified training needs.
• Review and revise course materials to remain current with operating processes, procedures and systems.
• Ensure program effectiveness through in class and floor observation. Partner with store leadership team to devise action plans, when needed.
• Ensure delivery/coordination of an effective induction on-boarding program to support retention of new talent and encourage a smooth transition into the business.
• Partner with key stake holders to ensure a proper orientation session(s) are facilitated and coordinate orientation schedule for all new managers.
• Supervise the quality of POS, Customer Service, and Product Knowledge training provided by the local teams.
• Serve as Master Trainer for Global and Group programs, training others to conduct programs as required and delivering training for Supervisory and Management programs.
• As a Certified Master Facilitator, assist to facilitate internal team strategy meetings for division / department heads. Partner with the local team(s) to recognize coachable moments on the sales floor.
• Strategize with GM/AGM’s on recognizing opportunities to enhance the delivery of Unforgettable Service.
• Evaluate current training vendors for continued suitability, initiate and maintain relationships with all required vendors to meet assigned division(s) training needs.
• Compile and analyze relevant training, learning and development related report. • Conduct and supervise delivery of ad hoc training programs.
• Participate in the Global Recruitment process of the Management Training program, and local Internship program
• Ensure smooth execution of the Management Training and Internship Program in the assigned Division(s) and arrange all necessary logistics for the program.
• Assist with other Human Resources activities, including Human Resources Generalist duties.
• Special Learning and Development projects as assigned.
• Travel to other locations as needed.
• Support other Human Resources functions as required.
• Be part of the ambassador team in visits of Global Senior Executives at your assigned division(s)
• Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Human Resources or related field; or at least eight years of related work experience in lieu of degree.
• Minimum five years’ experience specifically in Human Resources, Development, Training or similar experience required.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Fluency in English verbal and written skills and bilingual language skills in Japanese, Korean or Mandarin desirable.
• Possession of or willingness to obtain Master of Facilitation certificate
• Strong interpersonal skills with a special sensitivity to working in a multi-cultural environment.
• Strong leadership abilities.
• Must be able to work with all levels of personnel both within and outside of organization.
• Flexible to work schedule to meet business needs.
• Ability to adapt quickly in a fast paced, high-pressure environment.
• Learns on the fly, is a problem solver.
• Familiarity of application of coaching strategies
• Must be able to maintain confidential and sensitive information.
• Customer Focus
• Developing Others
• Drive for Results
• Comfort Around Higher Management
• Managing Vision & Purpose
• Strategic Agility
• Innovation Management
• Dealing with Ambiguity,
• Function as a resourceful and proactive team member
Send your resume today!