Our client is looking for a Logistics Specialist who will provide support to the Direct Ship team in all areas of concern within the retail and wholesale direct ship and DC bypass programs.
How You Will Make a Difference:
• Coordinate with wholesale customers, carriers and outsourced partners to ensure timely pickup and adequate dray/trailer capacity. Communicate and mitigate delivery exceptions.
• Track inbound direct shipments based on ETA port dates, ensuring data is accurately loaded into SAP. Report inbound status and exceptions to Direct Ship Manager as they relate to month end /quarter end objectives.
• Complete routing and triggering ASNs to wholesale direct ship customers in accordance with customer requirements.
• Complete SAP receipts for both wholesale and retail.
• Support inbound and outbound direct ship team as needed.
• Update the wholesale inbound rolling report for 3PL.
• Track Retail deliveries to ensure on-time delivery and provide support (NRS/UPS)
• Create commercial invoices for Puerto Rico Retail Direct shipments.
• Research and root cause shipments for internal/external audit.
• Research vendor related charge backs for direct shipments and maintain compliance.
• Ad hoc logistics projects as assigned.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3 years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business and three years of work related experience or equivalent preferred
• Knowledge of tracking, tracing shipment reconsignment/return and storage/redelivery.
• Knowledge of inbound and outbound logistics and carrier operations.
• Advanced Internet and Excel skills.
• Possess an ability to work in a team environment in pressure situations within changing demands and time constraints.
• Possess communication and problem-solving skills.
• Has exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.