Our client, a media agency is looking for a Managing Director, Client Advice and Management to cover for a maternity leave.
3 month minimum
Full time hours
The Managing Director, Client Advice and Management (Freelance) is a senior leadership role, managing across an integrated team (Client Advice, Strategy, Communications Design and Partnership). As a member of management, you exemplify our behaviors, drive quality work and motivate your full integrated team by creating a positive and collaborative environment. Your role is to empower your leaders to partner with our discipline leads and across the SBUs, to ensure comprehensive, business-appropriate solutions for clients.
You are the authority on the client business to the agency and an authority on us and the SBUs to the clients. You identify challenges and opportunities, both internally and externally, and seek solutions that achieve the goals. The Managing Director has ultimate responsibility for the profitability of your portfolio of accounts and impeccable commercial acumen skills.
- Achieving positive client scores across your portfolio of accounts
- Deepen relationships with senior leaders within your client’s organization
- The most senior consultant and strategic advisor
- Astute listener and learning to drive the right solutions
- Play the agitator / driver with clients – push them to innovate rather than stagnate
- Drive client confidence in your team across all areas of discipline - Strategy, Design, Partnerships and SBUs
- Ready to professionally push back on clients when needed
- Deepen relationships and craft collaborative partnership with clients’ partner agencies
- Lead QBR client meetings
- Set the agenda / expectations for leadership of your account by your Group Directors and teams
- Apply a client business lens to all areas of product
- Promote a positive, open working environment where opinions, views and ideas can be shared
- Drive collective team to deliver best in class work, not good enough work
- Regularly ensure education of Initiative team and Management on on your client’s business, culture and industry
- Keep leadership and team updated on client business/developments and involve them in key client meetings
- Partner with the discipline leaders (e.g., Strategy, Investment, Analytics) to provide team members with well-rounded performance goals, evaluations and career paths
- Ensure the most business-appropriate staffing and resource allocation
- Carefully monitor utilization, profitability, fees, and scope of work boundaries
- Establish reasonable and achievable performance KPIs
- Responsible/accountable for maintaining positive client profitability
- Accountable for growing existing business and organic growth across portfolio of accounts
- Partner with finance and SBUs to define and set achievable financial goals/targets
- Regularly seek out opportunities to drive growth throughout the year to meet financial targets.
- Lead monthly finance meetings with US President and CFO.
- Build / recruit integrated teams to deliver winning integrated solutions for prospects
- Ensure integrated teams are delivering comprehensive, business-appropriate solutions
- Ensure the most business-appropriate and winning staffing and resource allocation
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with clients, colleagues and vendors
- 15+ years’ experience in Marketing, Advertising or Media
- 8+ years’ experience in leading, managing and developing a multi-dimensional staff
- Ability to drive projects from conception to completion; project management experience
- Background in consulting, marketing, advertising or integrated communications
- Strong leader, presenter and packager of opportunities
- Strong commercial acumen