My Client, a private school in Los Angeles, is looking for an Associate Director of Communications and Strategic Marketing. This is an onsite role in Brentwood starting off Freelance (40 hours a week) and going fulltime for the right candidate.
We are seeking an energetic, highly motivated, generative, and collaborative professional to join the Advancement and Communications team. This position will be an important part of our lively team and plays an integral role in articulating and furthering the school’s mission.
- The Associate Director of Communications works closely with the Director of Advancement and Communications, Advancement and Communications team, and Senior Administrative team to drive forward the School’s innovative, integrated communication and marketing strategy.
- The primary objective of the Associate Director of Communications is to champion the unique story of The School by showcasing our expertise in high-level teaching and learning in our 21st-century approach to an all-girls’ education.
- The Associate Director oversees the day-to-day operations of the Communications department, including creative and digital services within the School, and increases meaningful engagement with both internal and external constituencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead current strategic communications and marketing initiatives and work to develop new efforts in support of the School’s Strategic Plan: Imagine 2025.
- Develop and implement marketing and communications plan for the School’s upcoming 25 year anniversary.
- Work closely with the Advancement, Admissions, Business Office, and Academic departments to drive specific initiatives as well as outreach and inbound marketing efforts.
- Ensure cohesiveness of the brand voice across content developed for all platforms both online and in print, that is customized and relevant to key constituents.
- Develop relationships with and provide content for local and national media through press releases and targeted media relations campaigns.
- Compile, organize, and write original copy; proofread and edit copy for publications and correspondence (internal and external).
- Ensure positive constituent interaction with official online school platforms (webmail, e-mail, publications) and work in conjunction with other administrative departments to ensure seamless flow of information between database and other internal systems.
- Oversee and optimize the annual communications calendar that includes the production schedule for all print materials, email newsletters, websites, and specific marketing projects.
- Serve as main liaison between Communications and all other departments for requests, tracking and coordinating development and production to ensure on-time completion and within budget.
- Manage department budget, RFP’s, review of quotes, production, and invoicing with external vendors including photographers, videographers, graphic designers, and printers.
- Track and analyze data performance of campaigns and tactics, providing ongoing reports and recommendations to optimize user engagement and results.
- Manage and maintain archive and inventory of marketing materials and collateral.
- Provide support at on-campus as well as virtual / remote activities and assist with occasional school events (some evening and weekend events required).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Clear knowledge of the principles of and key trends in integrated marketing and communications
- Highly creative, with proven success in translating big picture ideas into meaningful action in visual and written communications and campaigns
- Ability to work on deadline in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong writer, editor, and proofreader with the ability to identify and generate thought-provoking story ideas
- Exemplary management and interpersonal skills across a wide variety of levels within the organization and community
- Superior knowledge of creative development and production processes both print and digital
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry standard, creative software with solid proficiency in desktop publishing and design
- Experience with website design and maintenance, email production, and management of technical systems including a comprehensive constituent database (Blackbaud OnProducts, Raiser’s Edge)
- Commitment to purposeful innovation and ongoing professional development
- Passion for working in an all-girls learning community
- Exhibits a sense of flexibility, play, and humor
- Spanish language fluency a plus
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of five years experience in a relevant area of communications, marketing, public relations, or institutional advancement with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership. Experience in a non-profit or entrepreneurial setting preferred. Master’s degree a plus.