About the Role
The Marketing Coordinator is a highly detail-oriented and collaborative role that will support the Brand Communications team. This role will focus heavily on Packaging, however will also assist the Brand Communications team with a variety of tasks to help facilitate the execution of seasonal marketing launches.
• Partner with the Packaging Project Management team to facilitate all seasonal packaging milestones.
• Assist with the execution of all seasonal brand packaging requests . This entails collecting requests from the merchandising team, vetting requests to ensure all information has been provided, writing briefs and facilitating the completion of the request with the Packaging Project Managers.
• Partner with the Brand Managers to review all creative with leadership as needed.
• Support with the routing of all packaging creative to external license partners as needed.
• Own “name & claim” documents to help the broader team keep track of customer-facing names used on brand packaging.
• Own legal approvals for any new taglines or names that require clearance.
• Conduct competitive research for new product launches that require packaging/labeling. Day-to-day marketing coordination:
• Support the brand communications team with day-to-day management of key milestone meetings (scheduling meetings, organizing agendas, maintaining documents and sharing recaps).
• Support the team with compiling product-level information for the seasonal assortments (features and benefits, flow information, tiering, # of skus, etc).
• Build strong relationships with merchandising and design in order to support the brand managers with category deep dives and overall information gathering.
• Partner with internal channel owners across multiple functions (Windows and In-Store, Social/Digital, Online, PR) to gather information or support with product-level knowledge as needed.
• Support the team with day-to-day info needed to help build seasonal strategic briefs and execute special brand marketing projects.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in marketing, business administration, English or communications
• 2-4 years of marketing or project/account management experience
• High attention to detail
• Ability to build and manage effective cross functional relationships
• Team player with ability to think fast and problem-solve
• Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Multitasker who can juggle/track multiple projects at once
• Forward-thinking, collaborative, and responsible
• Enthusiastic and positive, can-do attitude
• Strong presentation skills and ability to develop spreadsheets and presentation decks
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Experience with Workfront not required but a plus!