Our client, a well-known clothing boutique/brand is looking to add a Marketing Director to their growing team on a FT basis - This person will be responsible for driving and communicating the overall brand vision, storytelling, and awareness of the brand. This person will work closely with the Creative Director, Co-Founders, and other cross-functional team members, as they oversee all aspects of the Marketing function: Social Media, SEO, Analytics, and more. Ultimately this person should have experience growing a company!
This role is meant for an entrepreneurial self-starter to take ownership of a hugely important and highly visible part of our marketing and business strategy. This is a brand role in a performance-driven business, so success will require someone who is creative as well as analytical with an eye toward performance of awareness-building tactics and efforts.
The Marketing Director will:
- Drive strategic vision for paid search, shopping, social, SEO and more.
- Oversee development and execution of paid search and shopping strategies that achieve defined business goals, as well as comprehensive SEO strategy with both technical and non-technical opportunities to grow organic traffic and optimize for the interplay between both channels.
- Manage a large ad budget across multiple platforms.
- Partner Management: lead relationship with search partners to ensure strategic alignment and proper resourcing, work closely with vendors to develop and measure against joint business plans
- Thought leadership/advocacy: stay up to date with the latest paid search & SEO trends and best practices, educate the larger marketing organization on the landscape and work closely with cross functional teams to ensure search programs are built for current and future success.
- Measurement and analytics: set standards for search measurement and align day to day performance optimization with internal measurement and analytics tools (MMM, MTA, Adobe Analytics, Google trends, Auction insights, etc).
- Identify and share key industry and platform trends and opportunities: stay ahead of all alpha/beta opportunities and continually pursue first mover advantage across search.
- Develop and lead a team of skilled marketing, paid search and SEO professionals; provide coaching and development for team members to achieve individual and departmental goals, address performance matters as they arise.
- Will partner closely with other Marketing operations and work cross-functionally to ensure overall success of campaigns and customer growth initiatives.
- Define and hone the brand vision and story, and conceptualize it across our owned and earned platforms
- Develop, communicate, execute, and measure overarching brand awareness strategy, creating a roadmap and action plan for growth
- In partnership with the CMO, Editorial Director, and Creative Director, create and maintain a compelling brand vision that connects the brand with consumers in a unique and engaging way
- Develop content strategy across owned channels (site, blog, social media channels) and earned channels (influencer, PR) and deliver roadmap for expanding our content creation capabilities, either in-house or with third party partners
- Partner with merchandising teams to develop key seasonal and category launch stories that drive customer engagement and ultimately conversion
- Develop compelling PR and influencer strategy focused on maximizing brand awareness among new customers and keeping Lulus top of mind among current shoppers
- Provide analysis of ROI across brand marketing efforts to evaluate the success of key initiatives and inform future planning
- Monitor industry trends, competitive landscape, social media, and experiential landscape to inform and develop marketing materials and experiences and experiences.
- Manage brand awareness budget and deliver key performance metrics and reporting to executive management and board of directors
- Oversee PR, Social Media, and Influencer teams and agencies - grow, hire, and develop internal team members and collaborate with agency partners across PR, social, and design to develop and execute compelling and engaging content
- Deliver reporting and analytics that measure success of campaigns and initiatives; this is a brand role in a highly performance-driven organization
The Marketing Director Must Have/Be:
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing or Business; or equivalent experience
- 7-10+ years of experience in marketing, PR, or digital strategy at a brand and/or agency; fashion/apparel, beauty, or other relevant DTC experience is preferred but not required; experience in direct to consumer and e-commerce
- Strong leadership and communications skills, with the ability to persuade and influence
- Strong leadership skills, with ability to direct work in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment
- Experience building brands and growing teams
- Proficient in Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, social media reporting tools and analytics
- Excellent presentation skills, with the ability to present to and engage with high-level audiences including our board of directors
- Willingness to act as a team player and have a no job is beneath me attitude
If you are interested in and qualified for this opportunity, please forward your resume today!