The key role of the Marketing Manager is to partner with the Director and VP of Marketing in developing and executing marketing programs to achieve corporate objectives. This role will also oversee an Associate Marketing Manager.
Essential Job Duties
- Support and contribute to the creation of brand plans to achieve business objectives and category growth in all channels of distribution. Collaborate and brainstorm to create content and focus for marketing materials. Define elements of each promotion (objectives, bonus content, criteria, collateral, counter activities, educational needs) to meet goals.
- Lead category and competitive brand analysis to define and understand best practices, trends and opportunities. Utilize NPD to track competitive brands and key competitive skus. Report on key takeaways, developing trends and star performers. Make recommendations on how to adopt learnings to drive growth.
- Act as main point of contact with HQ to fulfill requests including monthly internal and competitive sales reporting, product development feedback, and other topics as needed.
Retail Calendar Development:
- Assist in the development of retailer programs. Create annual calendar of promotional support to contribute to overall brand growth by retailer. Track sales to make recommendations on quantities and qualifier to meet sales goals. Manage ordering process for materials (pouch and samples).
- Manage the creative development, process and execution of marketing support and program elements. Issue and present creative briefs for collateral, images and copy development. Communicate budget guidelines and creative feedback to ensure that objectives set by the brand team are met. Ensure accuracy and timeliness for locally created printed materials.
- Create and issue seasonal marketing plan to the field encompassing launch products and objectives, in-store animations/events, and all allocation details of samples, collateral, merchandising and GWP’s.
- Create marketing presentations for retail partners and field.
- Responsible for the photography required for seasonal marketing programs.
- Lead development of seasonal set programs. Create assortments, analyze COGs and value, and make recommendation for seasonal quantities.
- Manage assembly process ensuring development and accuracy of components and on time delivery.
- Manage POSM budget inclusive of sampling, GWP, collateral, merchandising and production costs.
- Reconcile budget on a monthly basis and submit monthly forecast to S&OP team.
- Manage sample ordering and inventory to support launches and always-on core SKU’s.
- Oversee the development and production of all locally produced elements. Accountable for ensuring all milestones within the Creative Calendar & documented Creative Request Process are met from initiation to completion (item master set up, vendor sourcing, quoting, cost efficiencies, PO assignment, marketing control maintenance, warehouse delivery) with the highest level of accuracy in all details related to individual projects. Manage the timeline throughout process to ensure that marketing elements are delivered on time and in line with set budget expectations.
- Communicate details (bill of materials) of promotional and finished good assembly needs to internal group.
- Issue seasonal allocation instructions to ensure on time delivery of marketing elements to counter.
- Create monthly field communication on all Marketing news: product launch information, retailer calendars and programming and top of counter cadence and setup for both USDS & SIS channels.
- Collaborate with Merchandising team on seasonal updates (units, case line) and in-store visual updates. Submit VMR’s and CRF’s to initiate all projects.
- Gather qualitative feedback from the field to determine performance and impact of marketing programs. Incorporate findings with quantitative results to improve future programs.
- College degree & minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Master of execution. Meticulous organization, excellent communication and consistent follow-through are a necessity.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to manage deadlines with speed and accuracy; must be detail-oriented.
- A passionate, energetic team oriented individual with strong analytical, interpersonal, creative and leadership skills.
- Strong oral, written, communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience in cosmetics, skincare, or retail marketing.