- Responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating marketing strategies and plans that drive profitable membership growth.
- Plays a leadership role with sales teams, customer service, product development and other internal parties to develop integrated and multi-media marketing strategies targeted to prospects, producers, and employers to drive profitable membership growth in accordance to the annual business plan.
- Builds complex quantitative models showing how elements of the annual marketing plan lead to achievement of business goals.
- Develops specialized project plans and steps to execute marketing strategies including establishing performance metrics, preparing creative briefs, estimating costs, time schedules, resource allocation, production schedules.
- Identifies prospect, member, producer, or employer insights that result in new and creative marketing and communication strategies and tactics with unique messaging, positioning, and media to maximize new sales.
- Drives successful implementation including approving all technical and artistic phases of marketing collateral and materials; tracking budgets and project deliverables / milestones; managing vendor and internal unit activities and preparing reports and communications on project status to stakeholders.
- Analyzes and synthesizes results from large marketing initiatives, campaigns, and programs in developing compelling and unique value propositions and messages; shares findings with management, team members and stakeholders; and recommends actions based on findings.
- May provide direction, feedback and coaching to lower level marketing employees.
- A BA/BS in a related field such as marketing or business and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. With a BS/BA, eight years of marketing experience with at least two years in a health insurance environment. An MBA is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of advanced health insurance marketing principles, practices and techniques including marketing analysis and research tools.
- Ability to independently evaluate marketing plans and processes and recommend process improvements.
- In-depth knowledge of the health insurance industry including products, services and their financial drivers.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Excellent cross-functional team, project and organizational leadership skills with attention to details.
- Knowledge of legal, brand, and regulatory compliance requirements for marketing health insurance plans.
- Ability to multitask with multiple deadlines and/or milestone requirements.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with ability to use advanced features of Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and decision makers.