Marketing Specialist / Marketing Project Manager
We are seeking an experienced Marketing Specialist to join our team for a 4-month remote contract which could be extended. The successful candidate will manage, organize and implement marketing projects for print and digital. The Marketing Specialist is responsible for understanding the needs and documenting the requirements of each project, prioritizing delivery dates and successfully completing each project on time.
Purpose of position
Assists and reports to the Director of Marketing to help build a strong brand image within the community. Ensures effective management of marketing, advertising and promotional activities of the organization. Cultivate relationships with both print and electronic media as well as vendors. Work independently and with consultants to prepare communication tools. Works with Senior Manager, Digital Marketing to support digital marketing projects.
• Manage the production of marketing projects by working closely with designers, production artists and vendors
• Responsible for managing and driving projects to on-time completion, and communicating changes to project timelines/scope/budget as appropriate
• Implement media planning and place advertising buys
• Manage production schedules and update project traffic
• Create media & advertising reports
• Ensure brand consistency. Be the gatekeeper of our visual identity.
• Schedule and manage photography and video projects
• Liaison with media team and advertising reps to ensure placements
• Work with event leads to fulfill promotional activities, displays, signage and media assets to ensure branding, messaging and engagement, support our virtual events with platform development, video shoot, script,…
• Website updates on WordPress and other platforms as needed
• Mailchimp email marketing support
• Design PowerPoint slides as assigned
• Attention to detail with an eye for “excellence” (seriously, if attention to detail does not come naturally to you, this position is not the best fit)
• Highly organized
• Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to new priorities and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives
• Excellent written and oral communication, multi-tasking, and problem solving skills
• 3+ years of project management experience with a proven track record of success completing marketing print and digital projects.
• Experience working with cross-functional teams including marketing, designer, media, print vendors.
• Experience with Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience with Mailchimp
• Experience with WordPress needed
And Personal Excellence
• React well under pressure
• Treat others with respect
• Responsible for own actions
• Follow through on commitments
• Ability to work independently, proactively - And remotely or on site as needed