Timing: Start ASAP
Duration: approx. 2 months
Hours per week: 40+
Pay rate: $30-35+/hr DOE
One of our agency clients is looking for a freelance Media Strategist to join their team for a 2-month freelance role.
This freelance Media Strategist will be helping develop, plan, and execute national consumer promotion and shopper marketing media campaigns.
The freelance Media Strategist should be well-versed in consumer promotion tactics tied to retail/shopper marketing and proficient with vendor RFP's, end-to-end campaign management, and able to work within Google Slides and Excel.
Ideal freelance Media Strategist candidates will have:
- 4-5+ years of proven client-facing agency or in-house media buying/planning and strategy experience
- Experience developing consumer promotion tactics that have included experiential, sweepstakes, sampling, digital coupons, rebates, influencer marketing, etc.
- Experience managing media campaigns from start to finish, specifically in the experiential, sampling, and promotions space
- Comfortable managing budgets, developing client facing documents, and documenting vendor agreements and saving for financial reporting
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to prioritize projects in order to ensure campaigns are delivered according to timelines, budgets, etc.
- Strong decision making skills based on industry, agency and client knowledge
- Experience working with and managing media vendor partners with the ability to negotiate both annual and program-specific rates confidently on behalf of an agency and its clients
- Know how to identify new media partners and/or new capabilities with existing media partners, and how to present RFP's to develop and collaborate on targeting, rates, and overall executional plans that will achieve client objectives
- Clear understanding of campaign set-up, performance and reporting structure, and clearly set and communicate performance expectations with internal/external teams
- Experience overseeing ongoing campaign performance and working with vendors to identify/implement campaign optimizations
- Know how to collaborate with vendor and team to provide campaign data, insights and strategic recommendations based on client objectives, media strategy and results
**BYO computer if possible
***Background check required