Our client is a non-profit trade association that serves the housing community in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. We are seeking a dynamic and purpose-driven individual to join our agile and growing organization. Bring your passion, ideas, and skill to help us advance the community of East Bay housing providers.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, enjoys collaboration, embraces technology, loves a fast-paced environment, and is motivated to learn and make big changes with a “community forward” attitude.
The Member Services Representative (MSR) provides support to members. The position requires strong customer service skills, problem resolution skill and a willingness to learn. The MSR serves our membership as a dedicated support person to research and answer member questions, build relationships/credibility with our members, and ensure that each member has a positive member experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Understanding and communicating membership levels, services, and benefits to help guide potential members into appropriate membership; completing the join process
• Answering inbound calls and helping members with membership, legislation, and industry questions
• Answering prospective member’s questions and sending additional information via chat, email or follow up outbound phone calls
• Building rapport with new members to continue a trusted relationship throughout their member journey
• Researching, collecting and analyzing data/info to learn more about members and understand industry trends
• Keeping accurate records of conversations/interactions with members in our database system using standard operating procedures; updating member information as needed
• Collecting payment and handling invoices within our database system (minimal involvement - basic understanding will be taught, and regular support will be offered from your supervisor)
• Acting as a member advocate to ensure a positive experience; getting feedback; member voice
• Doing research to learn about current/upcoming legislation and industry updates, especially as it relates to Contra Costa County
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
(KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
• College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 2-3 years of customer service, call center, sales, or related field
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive (G-Suite)
• Experience with CRM, AMS, or related software
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, especially when cold calling
• Ability to collect, track, and analyze large amounts of data
• Ability to build rapport and collaborate with others within the team and externally
• Strong listening, retention, and sales skills
• Knowledge of the real estate industry (realtor, brokerage, mortgage, title, loan servicing, housing industry, etc.) preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
• Competitive salary plus bonus
• Part time (20 hours/wk.); paid time off
• Medical and dental benefits for you and your family
• Flexible hours
• Flexible work environment -- remote or onsite