Our client offers a carefully curated collection of women's fashion and home décor brands at irresistible prices, all in one chic online boutique.
Merchandise Assistant Overview:
Our client is seeking a self-motivated professional with a passion for fashion to support merchandising efforts for a new omnichannel retail startup. The Merchandising Assistant will be responsible for day-to-day management of product categories for retail and e-commerce businesses, including sample tracking, maintaining buy charts and line plans, creating product knowledge decks and awareness of competitive landscape, and analyzing sales reports. To be effective in this role, you will need to be a creative problem-solver who can react and adapt quickly in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. The ideal candidate should be willing to take initiative and be resourceful, efficient, balanced and positive.
Merchandise Assistant Responsibilities:
• Assist with all tasks related to product procurement for retail and e-commerce businesses.
• Manage sample tracking for women’s apparel and Home categories.
• Maintain buy charts and seasonal line plan; ensure any adds/drops/changes to assortment are updated and communicated to cross-functional partners in a timely fashion.
• Create purchase orders (POs) and continuous management and tracking of POs from inception to DC processing to arrival in stores/e-commerce fulfillment center.
• Create and maintain photoshoot shot list and e-commerce assets for each season, ensuring product is captured accurately.
• Collaborate and work closely with Digital Marketing Specialist to provide information and samples as needed.
• Regularly partners with e-commerce team to optimize website based on seasonal business priorities.
• Scan website daily to ensure the quality and accuracy of product copy, assets, links and prices and that we are consistent in providing the optimal user experience.
• Support retail division with performance recaps, analysis of sales reports and suggest business driving tactics.
• Partner and act as support for all facets of Home business including Design, Product Development, and Sales. Understand the different roles of cross-functional teams and interact with them to complete objectives.
• Proactively seek new opportunities to grow the business and further personal and professional development.
• Assist with customer service and community engagement to better understand the customer. Regularly share customer insights and business recommendations in cross-functional forums.
• Schedule meetings and ensure that all preparations are made prior to meeting time. Create agendas and have all appropriate paperwork ready for the participating parties.
• Coordinate and complete special assignments and projects as required; collaborate with various staff and departments in preparing reports.
• Be a positive representative of the Company as a whole when interacting with co-workers as well as internal and external clients.
Merchandise Assistant Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in a fashion-related discipline is strongly preferred.
1-2 years of fashion and/or retail experience in Merchandising, Planning or Product Development.
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite of products, including strong proficiency in Excel (including formulas, tables, analysis).
• Aptitude for learning new software programs and applications, including merchandising systems.
• Highly attentive to detail and accuracy with strong analytical skills and ability to communicate (verbal and written) findings and actionable solutions with other teams.
• Strong organizational and planning skills with ability to independently multi-task to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities.
• Possesses ability to react quickly with strong sense of urgency and excellent follow-through skills.
• Team-oriented; displays positive attitude and willingness to assist co-workers at all levels. Adapts to and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups.