About the Position:
The Merchandise Assistant will work effectively as a member of the cross functional brand team by communicating clearly and focusing on team objectives.
- Manage Samples.
- Keep samples organized and up to date for use in merchant presentations, visual set-ups, and seasonal marketing.
- Work seasonally with other MA's to donate samples selected by Merchandising.
- Enter and approve markdowns, markups, and promotions.
- Ensure accuracy of markdowns, promotional pricing and effective dates.
- Plan and prioritize workload to meet deadlines and increase efficiency.
- Complete seasonal projects for merchants.
- Maintain reports and tools, as needed by merchant team.
- Advanced computer skills in Excel and email with an aptitude for learning new programs
- Demonstrate strong ability to be financially responsible and understand financial implications of mistakes.
- Strong organizational and planning skills to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities.
- Strong ability to identify and execute priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Have a pro-active approach to responsibilities.
- Strong communication and relationship/team skills.
- 2 year degree, 4 year degree preferred.
- Retail experience preferred