Our client is a well-known contemporary multi brand athleisure company that is seeking a new Merchandise Planner to join their team.
As the Merchandise Planner you will be responsible for open to buy planning and analysis, inventory management, and performance reporting for the companies business. Reporting directly to our Senior Director of Merch Planning & Allocation, the Merchandise Planner will help drive our team’s success by providing insight and analysis into detailed planning KPIs. We are looking for a detail oriented, analytical team player who will work closely with the Merchandising, Marketing, Production and Finance teams to achieve our aggressive growth goals for 2022 and beyond.
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain annual, seasonal, and monthly merchandise plans for multiple product categories
- Manage the financial success of the business by meeting sales goals and maintaining healthy inventory levels
- Reforecast business in-season based on current performance, present revised projections and recommendations to cross functional partners and senior leadership
- Recap and analyze actual sales results vs plan and forecast in-season sales and inventory on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Partner with Allocator to evaluate store performance levels and review sales, manage inventory, evaluate store performance in relation to company trend, ensure distributions reflect performance and trend
- Quantify in-season risks and opportunities and make recommendations to merchant team and management to drive results
- Determine liquidation strategies as needed
- Develop effective promotional strategies to optimize inventory productivity and maintain healthy turns
- Prepare innovative ad-hoc financial analysis for management as needed
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with cross functional team members
- A credible partner within the team; able to build strong relationships with peers in IT, Finance, Merchandising, Marketing and Retail
- You have a flexible mindset, able to work productively in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- A strong communicator with even stronger listening skills
- An analytical, critical thinker who is comfortable questioning prior decisions, assumptions and methodologies if the expected results do not materialize as previously projected
- You manage your time effectively and are well-organized
- Bachelor’s degree, business/finance degree preferred
- Experience in ecommerce or omni channel planning
- Must have multi-brand experience
- Minimum of 4 years of wholesale/retail apparel planning and inventory management experience
- Able to present complex financial information and concepts in an easy-to-understand format.
- Solid understanding of financial measurements including: sales, gross margin, inventory turn, ST%, weeks of supply and how to impact them
- Expertise in retail math and OTB planning
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities; ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines