Our popular apparel brand is seeking a Merchandiser who is thoughtful, high-energy, self-starter, with intimate knowledge of cut and sew product process, start to finish, who will demonstrate ability to use creative thinking and innovation to solve complex problems.
- Responsible for “understanding” the customer, including comp shopping, awareness and understanding of current and upcoming trends (and how they apply to each account), analyzing sales reports, aligning with sales team on what is working for each account
- Work with sales to look for ways to take floor space from competitive brands in multiple categories; identify key items to drive each category. Oversee creation of proposed fixtures tailored to each retailer. Assist as contact person from sales to filtering requests for approval and execution.
- Create seasonal assortment plans, pricing strategy, and competitive analysis and distributing to all Design Teams
- Attend trade shows and meetings with accounts when needed. Must have strong presentation skills and be comfortable showing the line to accounts. Send sales, product development, and design teams recap of edits, additions, and buyer comments and strategy
- Responsible for all assortments for designated brands. Ensure execution and adherence to processes, deadlines and calendar
- Accountable for team’s performance and responsible for overseeing all team activities, including workflow, productivity and performance. Holds self and others accountable for work commitments and outcomes
- Builds strong relationships with cross functional business partners. Encourage team atmosphere across the Department and Interdepartmentally. Manage all communication to cross-functional teams e.g. Design, Product Development, Sourcing, Account Managers, Sales, Customer Service, Production
- Responsible for setting up and coordinating all necessary items for Line Presentations and other meetings. Keep track of all sales appointments, including market week, tradeshows, etc; making sure reps have necessary tools such as boards, catalogs, samples, pricing and current deliveries. Organize/maintain current orders by account.
- Work with Product Development and Design Team to maintain fully updated Merchandising boards with applicable information. Responsible for accuracy of information included in catalogs, on cads, and on sample tags. Partner with product development and design to ensure that information is accurate and complete.
- Filter all cad requests, and work within design’s calendar to execute quickly without disrupting existing design flow.
- Responsible for ownership of sample management, including tracking with product development and sales, as well as working with product managers by account on pre-production and account samples. This requires strong alignment with product development team. Maintain the order/organization of the current sample line, keep track of samples sent out for sales appointments/account line reviews; also coordinate storage of samples lines from previous seasons.
- Monitor weekly selling information from sales, communicate information to design teams
- Must be able to problem solve and weigh different options to determine how to best accomplish a task in a timely manner
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in fashion or merchandising
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Fashion Merchandising
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Adaptable in a fast paced, high growth work environment
- Proficiency in MS Office (including Excel, Word, Outlook)