Timing: Start early August
Duration: Through 2021, possible extension and/or full time
Hours per week: 20-40
Pay rate: $20-25/hr DOE
One of our retail client is looking for a contract Merchandising Assistant to join their team for the rest of the year.
This Merchandising Assistant will be responsible for day-to-day management of product categories for retail and e-commerce businesses, including sample tracking, maintaining buy charts and line plans, creating product knowledge decks, performing competitor research, and analyzing sales reports.
The Merchandising Assistant should be a problem-solver who can react and adapt quickly in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and willing to take initiative and be resourceful, efficient, balanced and positive.
Ideal Merchandising Assistant candidates will have:
- 1-2+ years of fashion and/or retail experience in Merchandising, Planning or Product Development.
- Experience with Outlook, PowerPoint, and strong proficiency in Excel (i.e. formulas, tables, analysis).
- Ability to learn new software programs and applications, including merchandising systems and PLM's (NGC).
- Attention to detail and strong analytical, organization, and planning skills with the ability to multi-task and ensure timely/accurate execution of responsibilities.
- Ability to react quickly with a sense of urgency and excellent follow-up skills.
- Team-oriented, positive attitude, willingness to assist co-workers at all levels.
- Able to adapt and work effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups.
Nice to Have:
- BA degree in fashion-related discipline strongly preferred.
- Experience working with NGC product lifecycle management software
*Onsite/offsite flexible, preferably onsite 2-3 days per week
**Background check required