Our client, an in-house agency focused on spirits/beverage brands, is looking to bring on a mid-senior level Copywriter on a freelance basis. This role will be remote, while candidate must be located in Chicago or nearby area to participate in occasional team brainstorms.
As a Freelance Senior Copywriter you will generate creative ideas that connect with consumers across our portfolio of brands. You possess exceptional creativity and have already developed conceptual, out-of-the-box creative across all channels. You’re ambitious with an entrepreneurial mindset, and you’re excited about delivering exemplary creative in a dynamic environment. You can develop conceptual ideas with verve and ease, and you can write copy above the line as well as below the line, with insightful creativity that connects our consumers and our brands in uncommon ways. You’re a voracious reader, you’re engaged in popular culture, and you’re insatiably curious. You have a wicked sense of humor. You understand and have crafted work for lifestyle accounts. Most of all, you’re dying to develop disruptive, heart-stopping ideas and copy for brands everyone loves to talk about.
- Deliver against creative briefs to produce work that accomplishes marketing objectives—and then goes one step beyond
- Develop disruptive, high concept creative when needed, as well as provocative copy
- Write in a number of voices, for a variety of adult audiences—lifestyle brand experience highly preferred
- Exhibit strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, with a high level of personal motivation and drive
- Manage time well and be accountable for meeting deadlines for multiple clients—multi-task with ease
- Clearly communicate ideas to team members and clients with dynamic, energetic presentations
- Further establish our creative currency by staying on top of trends, the competition, and compelling work
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5–10 years of proven copywriting experience in agency or in-house setting
- Work that demonstrates a range of media and applications, but can be media agnostic
- Must have experience working with Lifestyle brands, and have samples to showcase
- Proactive, entrepreneurial mindset focused on results
- Comfortable in high-pressure situations with quick, real-time problem-solving skills
- Drives team excellence with honesty, integrity, and transparency
- Strong resource and time management skills
- Applies naturally smart instincts and reads situations appropriately
- Delivers ideas with confidence and is able to tell the story of our work
If interested in and qualified for this role, please forward your portfolio today!