Job descriptionClient Overview
Our client is a digital agency dedicated to making global brands shine even brighter through innovative, digital-first communication platforms. They have partnered with blue chip clients like WarnerMedia, HBO, Spotify, OnePlus and Showtime, to name a few The team is packed with award-winning designers, writers, motion artists and editors who treat every assignment as their personal passion project. From the entertainment industry to health and wellness — they consistently push the limits of what’s possible for their clients.
Motion Designer Overview
As a Motion Designer you’ll conceive, develop, and produce works in video and real-time animation that are forward-thinking, inspired by and driving trends, and show a deep appreciation for design as a craft. You’ll drive and work hands-on to develop captivating design that elevates composition, form, typography, motion, and interactivity. You’ll bring a passion for motion design tools and design principles to the team.
You should possess a strong understanding of digital platforms and design for cutting-edge experiences across web, products, and social – particularly in the entertainment space. Your passion for motion leads you to exploring modern principles including spatial creativity leveraging 3D tools, kinetic typography, realtime or procedural and code-driven graphics, and similar bleeding-edge motion design. You’re attentive to details, and well-versed in visual design systems, layouts, typography, and can speak to a range of design inspiration.
Motion Designer Responsibilities
- Direct, define, and design creative executions
- Lead and contribute to a range of projects from fast-paced daily deliverables to large tent-pole campaigns and strategies
- Inspire, mentor, and direct a team of designers, producers, and writers
- Craft presentations and campaigns that shatter expectations
- Define and evolve standards for design and creative production
- Own and communicate a creative POV that sets a high bar
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably from a design school), or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of motion design experience, some within an agency or in-house, developing breakthrough design and brand campaigns, or managing your own clients
- In-depth Entertainment/TV/Film experience
- Passion for working with client leaders and presenting creative in an engaging way
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams internally and externally to drive great design
- Strong knowledge of and capacity to design for motion
- Experience working with writers, strategists, technologists, and producers
- Broad understanding of relevant motion design tools including, at the center, After Effects.
- Intimate knowledge of creative standards across modern platforms and technologies
- Extra Superpowers: creative coding applied to design (processing, etc.), strong hands-on experience with advanced 3D design, or innovative formats like AR, VR, and/or AI-enabled creativity.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.