Our client, leading private label company , is seeking an Ocean Import Specialist to join their team.
You would provide superior customer service to ocean import customers. To process ocean import shipments using the Cargowise system and facilitate ocean cargo movement.
Location: On-site in Santa Fe Springs, CA
This is a full-time, direct hire position.
- Assist customers on the telephone and through e-mail by acting as the central point of contact between the customer and all departments.
- Enter ocean import shipment information into the CW system and create ocean import documentation including arrival notices, invoices, delivery orders and file settlement reports.
- Communicate with customs brokers and overseas agents regarding shipment details and problem resolution.
- Communicate with Carriers to verify inbound arrival information.
- Update and forward customer shipment tracking reports as required by customers’ Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Arrange trucking to customer’s warehouses as required by SOP’s.
- Communicate with freight locations to verify shipment availability.
- Identify and resolve issues causing delays in ocean cargo movement.
- Communicate with KAM team or Sale term to update customer SOP’s as necessary.
- Create and forward back up documentation for accounts payable for payments on appropriate A/P posted items.
- Review and notate shipment file number of trucker invoices. Approve invoices for payment by accounting department.
Job Requirements And Qualifications
- Education: Associates or bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Freight Forwarding operation experience preferred
- Effective communication, including writing, speaking and interpersonal communication
- Quick critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent customer service and client relations skills
- Keep organization and time management skills
- Good collaboration and team work abilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced data analysis and data visualization
- Ability to use computers, software and other technology for inventory and communication purposes
- Understanding of the supply chain, including common obstacles and effective solutions
- Thorough knowledge of international shipping procedures
- Thorough knowledge of port practices and procedures
- Cargowise system knowledge and experience
- DOT General Awareness training
- Basic math abilities
- Basic PC skills
Please share your resume for immediate consideration!