Technical Designer- Women's Outerwear
Our client was founded in 1946 as a solution to people’s outdoor needs. The brand’s innovative outdoor apparel was born on the mountains of Colorado and has inspired today’s active performance wear. The branded trademark became one of the most widely recognized and admired in the industry.
Technical Designer Overview:
As the Technical Designer, you will oversee all aspects of technical design to ensure accuracy of product measurements, quality, construction, and fit.
Technical Designer Responsibilities:
• Oversee all aspects of technical design for every collection and develop a fit comment document for all garment components, including fit, fabric, construction, stitch, and trim
• Measure garments accurately to identify any fit issues and execute fit comments efficiently to remain on schedule with production • Participate in fit sessions, provide recommendations, note call-outs, and log critiques to accurately and efficiently address all issues • Provide grading guidelines to vendors after fit approval to ensure quality consistency and collaborate with internal and external partners • Approve samples for production after a thorough evaluation of fit, measurement, pattern shaping, hanger appeal, and functionality
Technical Designer Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Proven technical design experience
• Proficient with Adobe Illustrator
• Experience working with COSTCO is a plus
• MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ON SITE 5 DAYS A WEEK