Our Client is looking for a Packaging Development Manager to head up the sourcing, design overview and creation of their new line of beauty products. This person will come in as a consultant and become part of the core team of individuals who will be launching this innovative brand.
- Lead E2E development of key packaging projects/initiatives and functional specifications to deliver against business goals.
- Lead planning and production of prototype materials with internal and external (third party manufacturers) partners.
- Identify new upstream innovation ideas/trends and technologies globally to drive projects and brand growth.
- Lead continuous improvements in laboratory equipment usage, efficiency, and associated new packaging capability growth.
- Responsible for the development, qualification and scale-up of new packaging materials and formats, applying lean six sigma methods to ensure reliability and repeatability.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain/External Operations/Process teams during evaluation and execution phases to write & review trial protocols, conduct compatibility tests and line trials.
- Analytical and business acumen to continue supporting OPI base business with rapid changes of packaging and environmental regulations.
- Develop eCommerce packaging solutions that can be used across various product combinations & support projects in areas of problem-solving (base business), cost-savings and future innovation opportunities.
- Experiences with beauty product/packaging delivery system (brush, dropper, foam, etc) development.